Battlefield 1 closed alpha & Open Beta

Home Forums General General Discussion Battlefield 1 closed alpha & Open Beta

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of CFD_26 CFD_26 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sarge727
    sarge727
    Participant

hey everybody sarge here just thought id let you know that codes were sent out to some lucky people for the battlefield one aplha. sadly i was not one of these people but id would check your email and see if theres a nice little surprise in there. safe hunting boys

Sarge727

• This topic was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of RocketRob99 RocketRob99. Reason: Renamed thread
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of RocketRob99 RocketRob99. Reason: Renamed thread
    Profile photo of RocketRob99
    RocketRob99

Have fun myself.. Too bad no video support whatsoever till launch.

Profile photo of legin1007
    legin1007
    Participant

What’s everyone’s thoughts thus far on the beta? I have the game on pre-order but not sure if I’ll buy just yet..

RocketRob99

Lovin it so far.. Yep, I liked the Alpha map much better.. But the game play is good.. Some bugs with the UI… I have said it before, I will say it again, I will not buy day 1.. I will wait or a week or two for some reviews to post.. EA will not get me a 3rd time.

Profile photo of TECH-SARGE
    TECH-SARGE
    Participant

LOVING THIS BETA GUYS!!!!

Maps a bit sniper heavy though, but getting BF3 flashbacks….love it….

RocketRob99

My impressions of the beta.. Well while they made some good fixes to the gameplay since the alpha the UI is trashed.. Delays, lag abound in the menu screen..

The map in the Alpha was far better than the Beta map.. The beta map is a love/hate kind of thing.. I like it with TLN, I hate it alone.. I can’t stress this enough.. As always when not grouped with TLN, I am forever put on a team of sniping little a-holes who never, I mean never move toward an objective. As some of you know me this will usually have me pissing and moaning to no end.. Can’t help it.. I am forever a PTFO guy.. But, that is battlefield.. However, I think this map kind of lends itself toward snipers..

I have seen some frame rate drop here and there with some minor lag too.. But nothing major and netcode is meh, depends on your server.. Graphically, as I said with the alpha, they have set the bar high.. It is great, gameplay is familiar but new too.. Some things are OP but they are noted and have been responded on by the devs for the most part..

I am optimistic at this point.

Profile photo of Rybread
    Rybread
    Participant

Personally, I liked the beta, but I’m still unsure if I will get it at launch. I don’t want to buy another bad game at launch like the division.

Hi
    Profile photo of TECH-SARGE
    TECH-SARGE
    Participant

i think being careful is the way to go to @Rybread. But how careful….
    For me its very simple, i have been out for a long time now and when i played this game the last couple of days it felt so smooth and natural to me that i will most likely (still a bit on the fence) pre-order it. We’ll see if that’s a mistake or not 😀

Profile photo of CFD_26
    CFD_26

Damn you DICE, that’s all I can say. I have been swearing off of all things Battlefield since BF4. I hated DICE and their broken crap and I swore to GOD that I’d never pre order their crap again. But after playing the beta, I’m going to have to drink their damn KoolAid yet again and throw more money at the bastards in the form of a pre-order. Damn it DICE, you suck…. I’ll still play your shit, but fuck. You still suck….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.