Black Ops 2 (Give it/me a chance)

Home Forums General General Discussion Black Ops 2 (Give it/me a chance)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 52 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DE_ruijter DE_ruijter 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DjSparx162
    DjSparx162
    Participant

i’ve gone the other way after watching the full MP reveal yesterday at gamescom (i’ll try to find it in a postable format) i want this game now, they’ve made it so you HAVE to work as a team, if you don’t you’re going to get battered, which is a good thing, to get higher scorestreaks, you have to use lower score streaks to help you. they broke it down like this
    if you go for kills the highest scorestreak will take 29 kills
    if you play the objective and work as a team you’ll get it a lot sooner (around 6 kills)
    you do it by capping flags, being active near the objective, helping teammates, using equipment, using things to help your team (UAV’s etc) and everything adds to your scorestreak, kills are the least profitable way to get anywhere in the game.

on top of that they’ve brought in league play and ‘Codcasting’ which allows players to be put in a bracket with other teams and play against other teams of their level, so going off BF3 if we had a few members in BO2 we’d be in a mid to high level bracket, meaning we’d be playing against other mid to high level teams and the games would be a challenge, unlike BF3 when we get in a lot of noobs end up on the other team and we end up destroying them and its not really that fun for anyone, i mean i like destroying a bunch of level 20’s but theres no challenge, so i have to set myself a challenge in those matches like go positive or get x amount of kills etc, they’re taking that mentality and getting rid of it by making you play at your best everytime you play so you’re always playing people of the same skill or slightly better.

Codcasting allows you to showcase your skills LIVE, you stream from the xbox or ps3 to Twitch and people can watch it while its happening, this is how MLG works, you play and people are watching, and theres a guy who is calling the match like a commentator, they’re allowing everyone a chance at doing it straight out of the box.

they’ve also made the clan thing a lot bigger, you can choose your clans faction and play as them all the time if you so wish, so you can be the rebels, Seals, FBI etc, and thats your faction.

after seeing that, it looks really good and it looks like its a step in the right direction to me, as opposed to MW3 being all kill based and noob based.
    i’m really looking forward to it, i preordered it today and it looks like it’ll be a game that i’m going to enjoy playing, if i don’t like the MP i’ll end up on zombies like i did in black ops 1, and survival in MW3. but it does look pretty damn good to me.

EDIT!

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24726645

the livestream recording. (starts around the 1 min mark)

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of DjSparx162 DjSparx162.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of DjSparx162 DjSparx162.
    Profile photo of FrankMUFC2K9
    FrankMUFC2K9
    Participant

THANK YOU SPARX! Haha, this is one of the reason’s I’ve been getting across. Treyarch ARE NOT the bad developers. Infinity Ward are. Since the first COD was launched on the current-gen consoles (COD4: Modern Warfare on X360 and PS3), Treyarch have not done nothing the same apart from the concept: A First Person Shooter game. They done WW2, Vietnam, and now the future. Infinity Ward are the ones who have given the COD franchise a bad name, by repeating the same old crap, copying and pasting it and making money.

Anyway, at gamescom Treyarch shown that they have made it more of a team game now instead of a solo game. I think it might be a scaled-down version of MAG, set in the same year and shares some of the same characteristics.

As for Quickscoping, they have brought it back to an extent. They have got the animation of QSing in it but have made it a lot harder to do QS.

DjSparx162
    Participant

well its safe to say on day 1 of release you’ll have me playing with you Frank, i’m picking my copies (1’s the missus’ on xbox, mines ps3) at the midnight release, the HMV near me is opening at 10pm to hold a mini tournament for some cool stuff so i’ll be there. but as soon as 12 hits i’ll be on my way home and playing it till i pass out.

FrankMUFC2K9
    Participant

Sparx, I’m not getting it on day 1 🙁 haha, I’ll be getting it on my birthday, the 19th. I only have around £35 too spend right now and I’m gonna pre-order MoH: Warfighter 😀

DjSparx162
    Participant

the joys of being at uni haha, Q4 spending is 2 PS vitas, a few games for each, 2 copies of black ops, and still have enough to put a deposit on a versarce graduation suit.

Profile photo of SSAGENT022
    SSAGENT022
    Participant

Unfortunately, i am now looking forward to this game solely based on this trailer:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/14/black-ops-2-multiplayer-video-preview

It does seem like a game that at least for multiplayer will be good. Not to mention they are trying to get away from MODERN stereotypes.  It is almost like the craziness of starhawk and the engine of a first person shooter. I really don’t care about story, but this might be the first COD I own, just cause of the interesting aspect of the multiplayer.

DjSparx162
    Participant

thats what i was thinking as well Agent, prior to the trailers and reveals, i wasn’t interested, now i’m very interested in how they’ll do it, its looking good. i’m liking how they took a leaf out of BF’s book and allowed people to take scopes off the sniper rifles. plus you’ll be happy Agent, you can play with just a knife if you wish

FrankMUFC2K9
    Participant

They’ve announced the Prestige and Hardened Editions:

Hardened Edition:

Bonus In-Game Content: Nuketown Zombies & Nuketown 2025
    Exclusive Xbox Live CLAW Avatar Prop & Zombies Avatar Costume
    Limited Edition Challenge Coins
    Official Soundtrack by Jack Wall With Theme by Trent Reznor
    Collectible Steelbook
    Also Includes: Exclusive Weapon Camp & Exclusive Player Card Backgrounds

Prestige Edition (Care Package Edition):

Bonus In-Game Content: Nuketown Zombies & Nuketown 2025
    Exclusive PlayStation 3 System Multiplayer Theme & Zombie Theme
    MD-27 Dragonfire Drone with Remote Control
    Limited Edition Challenge Coins
    Official Soundtrack by Jack Wall With Theme by Trent Reznor
    Collectible Steelbook
    Also Included: Exclusive Weapon Camp & Exclusive Player Card Backgrounds

For the exclusive PS3/Xbox stuff, I’m not sure whether with the Hardened Edition for PS3 you’ll get the themes, and with the Care Package Edition for Xbox you’ll get the Avatar and stuff.

I’ll be getting the Hardened Edition to get the Nuketown Zombie map, as you may or may not now I love playing Zombies 🙂

Profile photo of I_AM_EMPIRE
    I_AM_EMPIRE
    Participant

The thing is that Cod in general is what I would call a SEMI- tactical FPS ARCADE Game its not supposed to be realistic nor should it because it caters to different people than BF3. BF3 is realistic, tactical, Fun, and fast paced explosive action! for a more serious player. and to a less serious player who is either younger,or doesnt understand know how to win as a team, but im a fan of both! since somedays i like apples and others i like oranges. its really personal choice on this matter.  i’ll play any game once and im planning on getting it for zombies but im going to try out multiplayer and campaign.

DjSparx162
    Participant

Frank, i’m hopefully getting the prestige edition, not passing up a remote control quadrotor, got a bet on with my little sister in law that she can’t get my missus to prestige 3 before i get 2 weapons to gold, she was at 53, i’m at 30 with the UMP then working on the PP90M1. think i’ve got it in the bag, if by some miracle she pulls it off though, she gets a copy of black ops and xbox live for a year, so i’m actually trying to win this one lmao

SSAGENT022
    Participant

Never make a bet you cant win sparx.

DjSparx162
    Participant

20k xp off a gold UMP, then on with the next one, she’s level 55 now, so she’s still got 25 levels to go, i’m well ahead with it. think i’m 50 kills off 10k added to my weapon xp so should be gold in about 10 matches.

SSAGENT022
    Participant

Dude, i wonder if i could actually play without using a gun, just use a knife and other equipment. THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

DjSparx162
    Participant

ive done it before on the ones that are out, its difficult, but with black ops 2 you can not use a gun, run a knife and use wildcards to get 6 perks instead of 3 which will make it easier. so you could run knife and tomahawk (throwing knife), with 6 perks. now for me, i rarely use a secondary, so i’d prefer to not have a secondary, put 2 attatchments on my primary, and run 3/4 perks, and equipment.

FrankMUFC2K9
    Participant

Go on Sparx! YOU CAN DOOO IT! haha, that’s gonna be close Sparx…

As for the class system, I don’t know what I’m gonna do with that yet haha, oh and by the looks of it,  there isn’t a COD Elite Premium thing, YAY haha

DjSparx162
    Participant

there is, they just need to unleash Elite 2.0 before they can throw pricings out for it, but its going to be seperate, its not going to be bundled with any of the editions.

I_AM_EMPIRE
    Participant

hey guys here is the black ops 2 zombie trailer!!!!!!!

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/videos/zombies-preview

this will be awesome who wants to hop on zombies the first day!

FrankMUFC2K9
    Participant

OMFG I saw that trailer 2 days ago, it looks freakin’ epic!  Can’t wait till the 26th! I think you can see the outline of Richtofen as the driver of the bus at the beginning, you can see the shape of his hat.

DjSparx162
    Participant

full zombie reveal is on the 26th so wednesday, its going to be good

FrankMUFC2K9
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH_9GzaUW40&feature=g-u-u NEW ZOMBIES FULL REVEAL

LOOKS EPIC OMFG JIZZASSFKJLASFASF haha jk, but looks epic!

Profile photo of mexgamer3
    mexgamer3
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH_9GzaUW40&feature=g-u-u NEW ZOMBIES FULL REVEAL LOOKS EPIC OMFG JIZZASSFKJLASFASF haha jk, but looks epic!

I was gonna post that same video! LOL That is the only reason why I’m looking forward to Black Ops 2! 😀

FrankMUFC2K9
    Participant

Same! Along with the video, a lot of info was released. There IS a Zombie campaign called ‘Tranzit’, the classic ‘Survival’ and a 4z4 ‘Grief’ – where it is humans vs humans vs zombies. Looks great, there’s some other rules in there as well. Also, in Private Match, there is ‘Custom Zombies’ which allows the players to change rules, such as the round they start on, headshots only mode, and can even get rid of ‘special’ items (Pack-A-Punch, Perks etc.).

The map looks huge, and it appears that each stage of it gets increasingly harder, and you can travel on the bus and you can get on top of it! The old characters (Richtofen, Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo) aren’t in it (well, ,this map) which is the only downer so far, but it still looks epic!

I_AM_EMPIRE
    Participant

to be honest zombies is the main reason for me buying the game but the multiplayer looks good as well, i know for alot mw3 was a BIG disapointment but the pick 10 create a class looks like it could be a good balance cause you have more controll of your role you want to play.

FrankMUFC2K9
    Participant

1 month to go!

FrankMUFC2K9
    Participant

Know what I’m doing now, I will preorder the Hardened Edition from GAME to get all the bonuses, have my mum collect it when it comes out on the 13th and she’ll give it to me as a birthday present on the 19th! 😀

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.