Extrem's Humble Opinions

Home Forums General General Discussion Extrem's Humble Opinions

This topic contains 40 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ExtremMilSimOP ExtremMilSimOP 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ExtremMilSimOP
    ExtremMilSimOP
    Participant

QBS-09

The QBS is the first shotgun you can unlock, which is done by playing as support for a short amount of time; consequently, I never unlocked it on the PS3 version of BF4 because I played Recon 80%, so my brief use of the Shorty 12G actually unlocked the 870 first instead. Because it is the first shotty in most cases, it’s fairly underrated (although shotguns in general are pretty rare in the first place.) It fires what many people affectionately refer to as “China pellets”, due to the damage per pellet (15.4 max) being lower than the normal amount (18 max), which it balances out by firing more pellets per shot (11.) Firing 11 pellets is very competent for an auto-shotty, considering that the highest pellet count is 14 (from the Hawk, which also fires China pellets.) Alongside it’s decent pellet count, it also features a max RPM of 230, making it the fastest firing shotgun in the game. Surprisingly enough, the reload per shell is second fastest in it’s class (tube-fed shotguns), which essentially leads to the max damage output of this weapon pushing insanely high numbers. RPM/60 X Pellet Count X Max Damage means this gun can achieve a max damage per second of about 650! So before you run to your controller to start shooting down helis, lets see how this is balanced; though the reload per shell is quick, it only carries 6 shells. I now refer to weapons like this as “shoot n’ squares” because you’ll constantly be mashing your reload button as soon as you stop firing. If done properly, this can allow someone to perpetually move around and fire (because you can interrupt single-shell reload animations at any time by firing), but in most cases where >2 enemies are involved, you’ll be forced to endure the extra long reload animation that occurs when you consume all of your shells. Alongside this, the constant hip-firing while reloading will essentially negate any effect your trying to achieve with tighter chokes. The second most prominent downside is the insanely high spread this shotgun has. As the approximate numbers I posted above show, this shotgun has potentially the most spread of all the shottys. I nullified this slightly by using a modified choke (which probably still doesn’t get the spread as tight as a naked pump-action), and noticed it performing better immediately.

Overall I had a pretty good time using this shotty. The high RPM means you can really let loose on the trigger when enemies are extremely close, and it really delivers a pure shotgun experience if you can watch your ammo count and reload when needed. It’s a DPS machine that becomes ineffective quickly, so playing your corners and distances is important before you start firin’ away. Despite the painful experience of reloading every waking minute, I would suggest using this shotty if you plan on getting extremely close, even for a shotgun. I could see this working well with Recon and Motion Balls (though I only used it with Assault, as I just though about the motion balls.) Preferred loadout (I think, it’s been awhile): Coyote+Ergo Grip+Modified Choke. Use a stupid camo like Naval Flat if you want maximum enemy rage levels.

So much for mini-reviews…..

“You know what I am tired of.. South Americans !!!!!!!”–RocketRob 2014
    Profile photo of SSAGENT022
    SSAGENT022
    Participant

Best gun in the game, only the most skilled players use this weapon. Any MLG pro uses this shotgun.

Profile photo of Ratchet2448
    Ratchet2448

I have to ask…. is that sarcastic? I hope it is.

Profile photo of RocketRob99
    RocketRob99

I have to askโ€ฆ. is that sarcastic? I hope it is.

Well Ratchet, as you’re a shot-gun Pro, why not tell us what you think the best shotty in the games is ??

Profile photo of SSAGENT022
    SSAGENT022
    Participant

Of course it is.

ExtremMilSimOP
    Participant

Not small by any means.

UTS-15

Of the several shotguns that I’ve tried, the UTS just felt better than all of them. I could reach people that I expected to, and quickly take down someone at point blank range. I couldn’t quite pinpoint what was better about it (besides the obvious 15 round capacity), but I just enjoyed it from the beginning with no attachments up to the point where I had everything I needed. Curious to see exactly what made this shotty tick, I delved into the stats at (http://symthic.com/bf4-shotgun-stats?p=stats) to confirm exactly why I loved this shotty so much.

Having only 10 pellets per shot, this shot gun doesn’t quite reach the damage potential of the normal pump-actions, yet it’s still relatively easy to achieve quick kills. This is probably the only true con I can think of when it comes to the UTS, as it more than makes up for it’s lesser damage through sheer capacity. This shotgun is unique in that it strikes a strange balance between the auto-shottys and normal pump-actions; the spread isn’t as tight as a pump, yet isn’t as wildy wide as a auto-shotty. The dual-tube magazine allows it to hold 15 rounds, each having decent stopping power. The unchallenged amount of damage you can deal with only one “magazine” really helps this shotty shine during excellent flanking maneuvers and heated combat. You simply don’t run out of shells in 90% of combat situations, which is one of the worst things that can happen to a shotty user as he clears a room. This can actually make the UTS better than the likes of the 870 or Spas at range, due to your ability to have an unrivaled amount of sustained fire at enemies until they finally perish. The capacity also greatly assists during situations where the hit detection “eats” your shot, as you can make easy follow-up shots without having to worry about low ammo counts *cough*QBS*cough.* Due to it’s strange design, the UTS is also the only shotty that is considered a bullpup weapon. This means that it has the highest standing/moving hipfire accuracy of all the shot guns; once you throw on a laser sight this gun becomes deadly accurate while hip-firing. This strength helps negate the fact that reloading takes almost a full second per shell by allowing you to accurately hip-fire to break the reload animation. Though this does mean that in the rare case that you use all of your rounds, it will take 12 seconds to reload both tubes.

One of the things that really impresses me about the UTS is how effective it can be without a choke; I’m not sure if my play style just facilitates it’s normal spread, but I could always hit enemies at a decent distance while still having a good spread in CQC (which really that “decent distance” is still CQC for most weapons :). Alongside this, the UST eases one of my gripes about shotguns in general: moving spread. The ADS standing spread of the 870 is 0.1, pretty good right? The moving spread of the 870 is 0.4. That means that you’ll theoretically be 4x less accurate while moving! Admittedly DICE has lowered these values significantly in the latest patch, which would explain why I’m seeing (and eating buckshot from) more shotguns recently. The UTS trades some standing spread for a much better moving spread, as the standing is 0.125, but the moving is 0.325. This means that it retains it’s accuracy while moving better than any other shotgun, which is more than likely the main reason that I simply felt more accurate and consistent while using it.

Considering the unique attributes of the UTS, it’s wildly underrated and ignored. I enjoy the fact that it has a certain uniqueness within it’s class that the other shottys lack, as DICE pulled many of the unique weapons in the transition from BF3/4 (AN-94, G3A3, QBZ, KH2002.) I recommend anyone who even remotely likes the other shotguns to at least try the UTS to see how it feels, as I generally don’t enjoy the shottys very much but had a blast with this one.

Plus I like the reload animation ๐Ÿ™‚

NEXT TOPIC: General Tips&Tricks for BF4 because I feel like it

ExtremMilSimOP
    Participant

EDIT

I forgot to mention that Lasersight+Red Dot+NO CHOKE is the way to go with this shotty. I tried the modified choke and the moving spread penalties severely takes away from the benefit that the UTS get’s for being a bullpup. The irons aren’t the best (the gun is ridiculously wide), so a red dot is preferred, and the laser will make your great hip-fire even better.

@RocketRon99 Why can I not edit some of my posts? This happens sometimes in several threads.

Profile photo of Ratchet2448
    Ratchet2448

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ratchet2448 wrote:</div>

Well Ratchet, as youโ€™re a shot-gun Pro, why not tell us what you think the best shotty in the games is ??<br>

<hr>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-signature”></div>

I wouldn’t call myself a shotgun pro, more…. an enthusiast. I still do stupid stuff and have room for improvement.

at this point in time, it is hard to really give an accurate opinion for pump actions because the netcode is really giving them the short end of the stick. I agree with what extreme is saying on some things but some of those are the exact reasons why I dont like the QBS as a shotgun and semi autos in general. what I will say though is that there isn’t a “best” shotgun. You can break shotguns down into 3 different categories and they are:
    1. DPS
    2. Damage per shot
    3. Total damage
    As extreme has shown, the QBS has the best DPS of all the shotguns at 649.4 with the M1014 being the next highest at 567.
    The 870 has the highest dmg/shot at 216 with the HAWK right behind at 215.6.
    Finally, because the UTS has such a high ammo magazine, its total damage output is 2,700 with the SPAS and DBV tied for 2nd at 1,782.

As you can see, each shotgun is aimed at a certain playstyle. If you want to put down as much damage as possible, it would be the QBS. If you want to make your shots count up front and not have to worry about firing off another round to kill someone, you go with either the 870 or HAWK. If you want to be more defensive(i.e defend an objective or lay down supressing fire) and want to be in the fight for the long run, you go with the UTS.

In case you dont know…. I despise semi-autos. They don’t require that much skill to use because most players rely on that insane DPS so, most of the time, they fire off rounds in the general direction. I think why they leave such a bad taste in my mouth is because players have the nerve to use them, get fairly high kill counts, and say they love shotguns and generally consider themselves pros(or great players).

With that said my personal choice, right now and despite the netcode issues with pump actions, is the HAWK. I try to make sure I get the most out of each shot and aim for my enemy to be dead with the least amount of rounds so it fits my playstyle. However, the 870/SPAS and the UTS are my alternatives depending on the game mode and situation. If I am with TLN and we are trying to be more strategic on any map, i’ll pull out the UTS; however, if I am playing domination or deathmatch i’ll stick to the HAWK.

ExtremMilSimOP
    Participant

U-100 Mk5 (Ultimax)

The U-100 has been completely and entirely balanced around long-range engagements. It features some of the lowest recoil numbers in the game; for comparison, the U-100 has the same horizontal recoil as the SAR-21. As a matter of fact, it has the same base spread, same bullet velocity, better damage at range, better spread increase, and a much larger magazine to boot. The SAR does have slightly lower vertical recoil, but the U-100 has slightly lower first shot recoil, so it balances out well with proper burst firing. The famed long-range killing potential of the SAR-21 is handily beaten by the U-100 in almost every facet (the SAR-21 has better hip-fire and moving spreads, but these are irrelevant at the distances where you should be engaging enemies.)

Despite it’s extremely low recoil and effectiveness at range, the Ultimax was one of the harder weapons to use properly. I say properly because this weapon forces you to play a long-range supportive role, and it absolutely destroys enemies when you play the role properly. The first thing I realized was the limitations of the Utlimax, and those limitations are fairly severe: you cannot win a firefight with any average player using an automatic weapon within 30 meters. You can juke and jive all you want and be incredibly accurate, but unless your headshot rate is over 50% you simply don’t have the capabilities to take down enemies using weapons with 750-900 RPM (compared to the Ultimax’s measly 590.) This was the most difficult aspect to master for me, as I have to alter my play style to a very defensive and position based player to avoid being completely destroyed at ranges where my accuracy won’t make up for the RPM of my weapon. That being said, when you start engaging targets out to +100 meter ranges, you’ll see why I love using the Ultimax as a Conquest Support player.

This LMG destroys people at range; the low recoil mixed with a very high muzzle velocity (650m/s, that’s faster than any of the bolt-action rifles except for the Scout Elite), tight spread, and higher capacity magazine than the ARs, makes this my favorite automatic weapon for long-range engagements. The 46 round mag allows you to plink away at enemies that I would never even consider shooting at with an AR. Alongside this, it doesn’t matter if it takes an entire magazine to bring down one person, as the support box can replenish it at your next cover location. This is also the first automatic weapon that I’ve ever willingly used a 4x magnification scope on in the Battlefield series. I highly recommend using at least a 3.4x scope, as the ranges where you can really take advantage of the U-100 are at the very edge of accurate range with a red dot. After some practice, I found that 2-3 shot bursts worked well past 100 meters, so I switched to a muzzle break and angled grip to ensure my 2 shots would land as close together as possible. The spread increase of the muzzle break won’t start to really effect you until the 4-5 shot, so it worked well with quick bursts I used with the U-100.

Just to emphasize exactly how well this performs at range, here are some examples of kills that wouldn’t be possible with a normal LMG or AR:

–Defending on Parcel storm Rush, I headshotted two snipers who were on the other carrier while they were both trying to take me out, which they couldn’t accomplish because of how heavily I suppressed them (I was still using a red dot sight, so the dot actually covered their entire bodies at that range.)

–Playing some Obliteration on Siege of Shanghai with Boom, Badrich, and Blacksun. I stood on the building where D is during Conquest matches and went on a +15 killstreak by picking off enemies as they landing from the parachute spawn by the skyscraper. They would run across the street while trying to reach cover, but few made it without eating several rounds from my U-100.

–I held snow lane on lockers alone for roughly 5 minutes until my squadmates came to assist me. Over a dozen enemies were constantly pushing up the lane, but I was able to take advantage of their relatively short range (everyone switches to shottys and AEKs/ACE23s on Lockers) by sending a near constant burst of rounds into any enemy helmet I spotted. They had no idea where I was hitting them from because of how far away I was. It was a blast ๐Ÿ˜€

My advice for anyone wanting to try this underrated gem is to have patience and expect to lose at close-range; but know that those AEKs and AWSs won’t hold a candle to the U-100 as you deliver swift justice in the form of easy headshots :D.

Profile photo of postmanclark
    postmanclark
    Participant

Extreme I expect this kind of information on Planetside 2, when it comes out.

ExtremMilSimOP
    Participant

Extreme I expect this kind of information on Planetside 2, when it comes out.

I’ve already looked at statistics for some of the weapons, but the nuances between factions are much harder to read compared to BF4 weapons. If I ever get around to it, I did plan on writing a short guide about which factions have the best weapons for certain situations ๐Ÿ˜€ I can say already that most of the ARs in Planetside are way more accurate than the weapons I’m used to in Battlefield.

Profile photo of RocketRob99
    RocketRob99

Excellent points @ratchet2448 , @Extreme_I_Gaming.. Fantastic info seriously.. ๐Ÿ™‚

ExtremMilSimOP
    Participant

CBJ-MS

The CBJ-MS has become one of my favorite PDWs after the recent server patch. What was changed you say? Well the max-min damage of the CBJ were both buffed up to 25-15.4. Before this buff, with it’s 700RPM and 22 max damage, the CBJ was considered one of the worst weapons in the entire game. With the buff, it became one of the most versatile PDWs I’ve used, and there’s good reason behind that statement. Unlike the other 25 damage PDWs, it has a 50 round drum magazine that comes coupled with a zippy 2.4 sec reload. This gives you more damage per magazine than any other PDW. As a little perk, it’s also one of the few weapons in the game that ignores the Body Armour perk entirely, I assume to represent how the actual CBJ-MS can fire proprietary 6.5mm rounds that have some lethal armor penetrating abilities. It also has the fastest muzzle velocity of all the PDWs at 520 m/s, which is still rather slow compared to most ARs and LMGs, but is pretty acceptable when you compare it to the MX4’s 390m/s or UMP-45’s 320. Like most of the PDWs, it suffers from high horizontal and first shot recoil, so burst firing can be a bit more difficult than an AR.

I absolutely loved this little PDW! It isn’t really amazing at anything, but the sheer amount of ammunition you have at your disposal makes this the best PDW for ranges that are normally impossible to get kills at with most PDWs. I was able to do enough damage at close range by using it’s characteristic tight hip-fire spread and take out a good few enemies at mid-range engagements that I didn’t expect to win. It does have high horizontal recoil, but once you throw on a compensator to help with longer distance kills and a laser sight to tighten your hip-fire even more for CQC, the CBJ just seems to be good for most of the ranges you’d expect a carbine to perform well at. Don’t get me wrong, you’ll still lose one-on-one fights against ARs and LMGs at any medium-long range combat, but the ability to even have a chance at winning one of those firefights easily makes this my go-to weapon for Conquest Engineer.

(I actually achieved my longest infantry kill streak yet with the CBJ, admittedly the enemies were pretty awful, but you can’t ignore 28 kills ๐Ÿ˜€ )
    http://youtu.be/TeLzBHatJXU

Profile photo of TECH-SARGE
    TECH-SARGE
    Participant

still need to try this weapon, will do so soon, thanks for the information bro. Good stuff!

Profile photo of KalOfTheRathi
    KalOfTheRathi
    Participant

I really look forward to you reviewing weapons in Planetside 2.

ExtremMilSimOP
    Participant

M1911

Many Battlefield players originally grabbed the 1911 for it’s iconic history, including myself. This was the first real weapon that ever really grabbed my attention in a video game; ever since I heard the *ping* of my last M1 Garand clip in Call of Duty: Frontline, and frantically tapped the “switch weapon” button to be greeted by the 1911, it has been burned into my memory as the first firearm I could ever recognize consistently. I then began seeing it in the Medal of Honor games, and recently noticed the pistol being featured heavily in the Metal Gear Solid franchise. When I originally unlocked in BF3, I immediately equipped it to see how well it worked. From then on it became my go-to pistol for the remainder of my time in that game. It behaved like a mix between the .44 Magnum and the M9, providing 3-shot kill potential at close range, yet having a 9 round capacity and 1.3 second reload. In fact, I would often switch to the suppressed 1911 when I flanked large groups of enemies due to how many kills you can achieve in quick succession with the fast reload and 2 kills with a headshot thrown in. It was an easy pick as the best pistol in the game for me.

Of course, the 1911 has returned in BF4, and hardly anything in the recoil statistics of the weapon have been altered. It did receive a 0.5 sec faster reload time, .2 standing spread (the only pistol with less base spread is the .44 Mag with .1), 30 m/s slower bullet velocity (it was already slow, so the difference is negligible), and one less round in the magazine. These changes really equate to it being extremely similar to the BF3 version, yet I don’t find it performs the same.

I’m not entirely sure why, but the 1911 in BF4 simply feels nowhere near as powerful as the BF3 version. I’ve gotten around 250 kills with it at this point, and I’m currently experimenting with other sidearms to run across my kits. I just can’t seem to spit out rounds near as accurately as I could in BF3, and the stats don’t back explain why this is happening. The new 1911 is actually twice as accurate, yet I can hardly score one kill per magazine. I even tried playing around with attachments like the muzzle brake and suppressor to no avail. I’ve spent time in the Test Range learning the speed and drop of the bullets, but when I encounter an enemy and reach for the 1911, I often struggle to get the kill, whereas the P226 would’ve dispatched them easily. Maybe I’ve just become unaccustomed to the slower bullet velocity and low mag count while using the P226, but I simply cannot do as well with this weapon as I could in BF3, and the worst part: I don’t know why. It could be some underlying issues with hit-detection or network problems, or I could just suck; either way, I’m moving on from the 1911 until it arises as the proper powerhouse it is in another game (maybe a DLC for Destiny ๐Ÿ˜€ )

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.