GT5-ERRS – Wednesdays

Home Forums Gaming Racing GT5-ERRS – Wednesdays

This topic contains 38 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mexgamer3 mexgamer3 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mexgamer3
    mexgamer3
    Participant

Hey!

The GT5 Extreme Road Rally Series has been moved to Wednesdays at 7pm PT / 10pm ET. There’s another thread with all the information but if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.

We don’t have many competitors right now and I think the only way to get this going is if we get more people to race, but people don’t want to race because there are not many people racing already! I would appreciate it very much if you gave the series a try; everything is well organized and all the information is available to you through the website: http://www.offroadracingleague.org

Also, I host the series on my other account: “mexgamer” not “mexgamer3” so if you are interested send me a message and I’ll add you.

Thank you!

Profile photo of DjSparx162
    DjSparx162
    Participant

i would but 10pm ET is pushing 3am my time, and i like sleeping 🙂

Profile photo of Assassin
    Assassin
    Participant

I’ll be there mex

Profile photo of Ratchet2448
    Ratchet2448

since it is wed. I can try it out. count me in!

I hate that it is starts so late, but i understand

mexgamer3
    Participant

thanks guys! Don’t forget to add me!!! Send me a message if my friend’s list is full!

mexgamer3
    Participant

The race is starting in a few minutes!

mexgamer3
    Participant

The race was a blast! 8 people showed up but I’m sure we can get more entries for next week, 2 guys couldn’t make it so.. yeah.

@rocketrob99, what happened? Why did you get disconnected?

@Assassin, we missed you! LOL

@ratchet2448, good race buddy, those guys are fast REALLY FAST!  so don’t get frustrated. Hope to see you next week!

The invitation is open for all TLN members, THE MORE THE MERRIER!

Just to be clear, I’m organizing this series under the “Off-Road Racing League” banner (an on-line racing organization I started in 2009). This is the website: http://www.offroadracingleague.org. We also host a DiRT 3 series so check it out!

Oh, Rocket, one more thing, can I invite other ORRL members to check out our TLN website? I know some of them play Black Ops and Battlefield so maybe they would like to join!

mexgamer3
    Participant

Oh forgot to mention! The winner was “markmartinrules5” WHO WON BY A MERE 0.065 SECONDS!!!

Profile photo of DjSparx162
    DjSparx162
    Participant

The race was a blast! 8 people showed up but I’m sure we can get more entries for next week, 2 guys couldn’t make it so.. yeah. @rocketrob99, what happened? Why did you get disconnected? @Assassin, we missed you! LOL @ratchet2448, good race buddy, those guys are fast REALLY FAST! so don’t get frustrated. Hope to see you next week! The invitation is open for all TLN members, THE MORE THE MERRIER! Just to be clear, I’m organizing this series under the “Off-Road Racing League” banner (an on-line racing organization I started in 2009). This is the website: http://www.offroadracingleague.org. We also host a DiRT 3 series so check it out! Oh, Rocket, one more thing, can I invite other ORRL members to check out our TLN website? I know some of them play Black Ops and Battlefield so maybe they would like to join!

sounds like you had a really good time, i would have shown up but i had a creative blast and i needed to get it done, sometimes i hate having insomnia, i should be asleep. but you don’t need to ask permission to recruit or even attempt at it, bring them in, the more the merrier 😀

Ratchet2448

it was ok -_-. I was mainly frustrated because I had really good times later in the race but I got taken out by some retard on the FIRST LAP and screws me from even having a chance to race for position. I will say though that i wouldn’t have any chance of getting first because my tranny was set to high so my acceleration was good but not as good as martin’s. towards the end I was on par with the guy who got 2nd.

just really disappointing, but otherwise was a good race.

mexgamer3
    Participant

How did you get taken out?

Ratchet2448

We were heading down into turn 1 and I was on the inside. all I remember is that somebody from the outside, I think, came down and hit me in the right rear and turned me into the outside wall. luckily I was slowed down enough that it didnt completely mess up my car when I hit the wall, but it was enough damage that I could hardly turn.

Profile photo of ExtremMilSimOP
    ExtremMilSimOP
    Participant

Hey Mex, I’ll try to make it next week. Does it normally start right on time? Or do you do practice laps first? Can I come in late and still race? I’m asking this because I would probably end up around 30 minutes late each time.

“You know what I am tired of.. South Americans !!!!!!!”–RocketRob 2014
    mexgamer3
    Participant

@ratchet2448 I see, next time it happens let me know right away to see if any penalties apply.

@extremmilsimop The room opens at 7:00pm PT but the race actually starts at 7:15. Those 15 minutes are to set the starting order by fastest lap

mexgamer3
    Participant

The race is this Wednesday! If you are racing let me know 🙂

ExtremMilSimOP
    Participant

The race is this Wednesday! If you are racing let me know

I’ll try my best to make it. I really want to, due to my schedule preventing me from making most TLN Sunday Cups. I may be about 30 minutes late, but I’m going to rush and try really hard to make it on time. I’m going to go read up on the rules, see you there!

(Uh-oh, mechanical damage? I better practice the day before so I don’t eat the wall, and take others down with me XD)

mexgamer3
    Participant

GT5 SERVERS ARE CURRENTLY DOWN, I’LL KEEP YOU UPDATED

ExtremMilSimOP
    Participant

Well that’s a shame. I guess I’ll find out if y’all are still racing when I get on tonight.

mexgamer3
    Participant

mexgamer3 wrote:

Well that’s a shame. I guess I’ll find out if y’all are still racing when I get on tonight.

SERVERS ARE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN! WE ARE RACING TONIGHT

mexgamer3
    Participant

Great race! Thanks ExtremeMilSimOp and Ratchet for racing! We missed you Assassin and Rocket, hopefully you can make it next time 🙂

Again, markmartinrules5 won! This guy is fast, but Ratchet wasn’t that far behind considering he pit 3 times, right? I was 2nd until the last lap when I ran out of fuel and finished 4th 🙁 … yeah that was my fault, I should have taken more gas…

Next race is at Circuit the La Sarthe 2009!!!

Ratchet2448

i either pit 3 or 4 times lol. 1 shouldn’t have happened. like i said before I tapped the wall on the first lap in the last corner. I was in 1st but i knew I had to pit or I was going to screw myself up even more lol.

mexgamer3
    Participant

Don’t forget the race is today!

Ratchet2448

mex i want to hear your thoughts on this because this is bothering me ( especially after racing circuit de la sarthe ). what do you want to get out of this series? because I just dont see why some people ( beside markmartin ) would want to come. I mean there is no competiton. the damage I can live with but the freakin penalties ( ex 10 sec. penalty for a possible 1 sec. gain ) are WAY to strong for just barely getting off the track. but it is not just that. for the past 3 weeks mark has won the race unopposed. I dont know about you but I want to see people have the opportunity to have a chance to win. I dont mean just give someone a win, but at least make it where others have a chance. Maybe thats just my competitive side coming out but its just starting to get boring for me. dont get me wrong mark is a great racer, but if I were him I would get tired of winning by sometimes a full lap.

mexgamer3
    Participant

Ratchet, thanks for your comments, finally someone speaks! I’m amazed how few people actually  their thoughts. They key to make the series better is through competitors’ feedback, I just can’t think of everything! That being said, do you have any ideas to make the series better?

I want everybody to have fun and I think more competitors would add to the fun factor. This is why I moved the series from Saturday to Wednesday; now we are getting more competitors. Any ideas on how to attract more people? I guess that some people are discouraged by the fact that mark basically dominates the field, I know people that can race him but they don’t compete in the series (there’s another GT5 series organized by a friend held on Thursdays where mark doesn’t have a 100% domination of the field, but he is still right up there); I’m guessing they don’t like the format. But even still, if more people join that can race him then those of us who are a bit slower will finish at the back of the back; however, there would be more drivers that are around our level and even if we don’t finish in the top 5 it will be more fun.

Actually, if we had enough competitors we could have two classes, “pros” and “amateurs” or something so that everybody has greater chances to win! But that won’t happen unless we get at least 12 competitors that can commit!

I’m currently planning a different GT5 series which I think has the potential to be a lot more fun, but that series won’t start until we finish the current one, there are only 6 more races to go. I will explain more about the new series later! I think it will make the field a little bit more even.

I just want to ask you to keep participating and providing feedback, if people just leave because they think it isn’t fun but never ever make any suggestions then there will never be any improvement!

So who can commit to the GT5 series and provide feedback to improve the series? (Open question)

Profile photo of RocketRob99
    RocketRob99

Finally got the ok to send my PS3 in for service.. Only had to work an additional 50 hours last month to make it happen.. I will also be reconfig my network to solves those issues as well.. I hope to be more involved with the racing stuff soon.. However, after 2 years of trying to get our racing league going and with your league too Mex, I know have people to racing against.. I am looking forward to getting Grid 2 in May this should be getting good.

Mex are your getting Grid 2 ?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.