GT5-ERRS – Wednesdays

Home Forums Gaming Racing GT5-ERRS – Wednesdays

This topic contains 38 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mexgamer3 mexgamer3 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ratchet2448
    Ratchet2448

Ratchet, thanks for your comments, finally someone speaks! I’m amazed how few people actually their thoughts. They key to make the series better is through competitors’ feedback, I just can’t think of everything! That being said, do you have any ideas to make the series better? I want everybody to have fun and I think more competitors would add to the fun factor. This is why I moved the series from Saturday to Wednesday; now we are getting more competitors. Any ideas on how to attract more people? I guess that some people are discouraged by the fact that mark basically dominates the field, I know people that can race him but they don’t compete in the series (there’s another GT5 series organized by a friend held on Thursdays where mark doesn’t have a 100% domination of the field, but he is still right up there); I’m guessing they don’t like the format. But even still, if more people join that can race him then those of us who are a bit slower will finish at the back of the back; however, there would be more drivers that are around our level and even if we don’t finish in the top 5 it will be more fun. Actually, if we had enough competitors we could have two classes, “pros” and “amateurs” or something so that everybody has greater chances to win! But that won’t happen unless we get at least 12 competitors that can commit! I’m currently planning a different GT5 series which I think has the potential to be a lot more fun, but that series won’t start until we finish the current one, there are only 6 more races to go. I will explain more about the new series later! I think it will make the field a little bit more even. I just want to ask you to keep participating and providing feedback, if people just leave because they think it isn’t fun but never ever make any suggestions then there will never be any improvement! So who can commit to the GT5 series and provide feedback to improve the series? (Open question)

I think we should stay with the overall theme of what you have, but some of the restrictions/options you have enabled are not favored for a race with a wide range of skill level ( ex. strong penalties, heavy damage,  etc..). These types I see as being a situation of  ” hey, just for fun and jokes, put everything on high and lets see what happens!” I know we want to make things more interesting, but at the same time the more experienced players, like mark, benefit from the inexperience of others by just waiting on them to make a mistake.
    I think using the tune restriction is good because it eliminates a lot of other factors that would influence a race and leaves it mainly up to the skill of the driver. I think when more people come that it will raise the competitiveness, but, in the long run, it will help develop the skills of inexperienced drivers so that one day they can be competitive. the thing is though we have to give them the incentive to get better. finishing 1 min. behind the leader does the opposite. I like your idea of an amateur and pro because it is kind of like a JV team and a Varsity team. that again come back to the need for more players so I think at this point we just need to make sure we spread the word and invite more then the other stuff will, hopefully, come after.

Profile photo of mexgamer3
    mexgamer3
    Participant

hmm yeah maybe; I never played the first one, how is it?

Ratchet2448

the first one? what do you mean?

mexgamer3
    Participant

the first one? what do you mean?

Oh sorry, I was asking Rocket about Grid. I hadn’t read your post because I didn’t notice there was a second page! LOL. I will read it carefully later because right now I’m studying for a midterm.

Thanks again.

mexgamer3
    Participant

I think we should stay with the overall theme of what you have, but some of the restrictions/options you have enabled are not favored for a race with a wide range of skill level ( ex. strong penalties, heavy damage, etc..). These types I see as being a situation of ” hey, just for fun and jokes, put everything on high and lets see what happens!” I know we want to make things more interesting, but at the same time the more experienced players, like mark, benefit from the inexperience of others by just waiting on them to make a mistake.
    I think using the tune restriction is good because it eliminates a lot of other factors that would influence a race and leaves it mainly up to the skill of the driver. I think when more people come that it will raise the competitiveness, but, in the long run, it will help develop the skills of inexperienced drivers so that one day they can be competitive. the thing is though we have to give them the incentive to get better. finishing 1 min. behind the leader does the opposite. I like your idea of an amateur and pro because it is kind of like a JV team and a Varsity team. that again come back to the need for more players so I think at this point we just need to make sure we spread the word and invite more then the other stuff will, hopefully, come after.

Well, we are running on a pre-determined scheduled: http://www.offroadracingleague.org/#/schedule/4572040895 so after it is over I plan to start another GT5 series, different from this one (ERRS). I originally planned to run two GT5 series a year and then repeat the same two series every year. So the ERRS would be Winter – Spring and then the other one (TBA) would be Summer – Fall. I’m not changing the ERRS because I think it has failed, it was already planned like that.

About the penalties, they are always set to weak, per the series pre-determined settings; but like I said before, how strong and strict they are depends on the track… Circuit de la Sarthe was PRETTY BAD, I know… I got frustrated too. But you have to remember that without penalties you can cut the track in a A LOT of places, specially La Sarthe. I wish they didn’t give you penalties for having two tires off the track, it is ridiculous, I know, but that’s how the game was designed. I keep penalties on because then there’s no way to prevent people from cutting the track; do you have any suggestions about that?

We need to prevent this:

– People cutting the track.

– Lapped drivers not moving over.

About damage:

– It was set to light for La Sarthe and mark still won by a huge margin.

Right now what I’m about to do is run some laps at Montegi West Course and figure out if there are any places where people can cut the track, if there aren’t I will turn penalties off for tomorrow. Damage is not such a big problem so for tomorrow we are going to turn it to light. and see how it works.

mexgamer3
    Participant

Invite your friends too, the more the merrier 🙂

Ratchet2448

mark won because of the penalties. as far as stopping people cutting… i would say go by the honor code and if the don’t comply then you kick them. it sad when you have to enable penalties to prevent that. there is not that much of a problem with lapped people because they go ” invisible” where lead lap cars can go through them. as far as damage, I’m ok with damage, but when we get to tracks like coute r azur and you put heavy damage on…. that’s too much. first off that’s not realistic. it should be tracks that are faster have higher damage and slower tracks have light damage.

mexgamer3
    Participant

Yeah, the thing is that if nobody seems them then they can get away with it (cutting the track); I trust people will cooperate and report any illegal situation. As for lapped cars, they don’t go invisible if penalties are off (or do they? Last time I checked they didn’t).

Ratchet2448

even though this is not the most efficient way, you can save the race replay and watch to see if anyone cut. Once you get done with the race if anybody wants to say anything like “sorry I accidentally cut one of the corners” then you can make a note of it and disregard it when you watch the replay, but make sure to stress to him to not do it again. If they continue to do it or someone doesn’t say anything in the first place you don’t let them back in the lounge.

you might not want to do it this way but just a suggestion on a possible solution

Profile photo of ExtremMilSimOP
    ExtremMilSimOP
    Participant

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it tonight. I might jump on 30 minutes late or so, so keep your mic on if you can Ratchet, and we can chat until it’s over and we can just mess around.

“You know what I am tired of.. South Americans !!!!!!!”–RocketRob 2014
    mexgamer3
    Participant

Ratchet won the last event at Autumn Ring Mini! Congratulations ratchet! By the way, this week we are taking a break… so the next race at Cape Ring is on April 24th! See you then!

Ratchet2448

sweet more practice lol

mexgamer3
    Participant
    mexgamer3
    Participant

The winner of the Cape Ring Rally X Challenge was… ME! lol

I’m starting another thread where I’m gonna ask you guys what kind of series you would like to run for the next season!

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.