Is RocketRob99 Scary??

Home Forums General Off Topic Is RocketRob99 Scary??

This topic contains 37 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of I_AM_EMPIRE I_AM_EMPIRE 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RocketRob99
    RocketRob99

So, I was recruiting a new member the other night. As I was talking to this kid, he is eating in my ear. (If you believe it, POTATO CHIPS, can you imagine) Also he had his mic sensitivity up around 5, it was so bad if a mouse farted in his living room we would have heard it. So, I work with him to turn it down, which he did. But, then he continued to eat. So I explain to him that it is rude to do that while playing online and asked him to mute his mic. Let me rephrase that, I told him to mute his mic or I would move to another squad. In fact I did at one point. BTKiller came in at this point. I wasn’t actually sure who was eating at this point BT or this new prospect. But, I explained even further that eating while on the mic is like nails across a chalkboard to me. I might be able to stand it for a second or too but after that, man, does it bother me. Any kind of clicking or stuff like that truly drives me nuts!! I had to leave shorty thereafter when the round ended and asked BT to continue to work with him as a prospect.

Here is my point: I followed up with BT last night.. BT tells me that he is not sure this guy is going to make it, he says he is a bit annoying. But BT says that the kid said after I left and after BT told him I am the clan leader. He told BT that I was SCARY..

SO here is the question? Is RocketRob99 scary when you’re in game or otherwise??

Now don’t be scared to speak your mind, I give my word that I will not be mad in any way !! I just want to know?? I have been told that my voice is intimidating and frankly that is good thing, most times.. But, I always felt, that I am a man, who is direct and too the point, NO BS ever !! I can get quirky at times, just like everyone else.. I am sure some of you heard my special laugh when I take down some particularly annoying orange dot. But am I really SCARY??

Please hold nothing back.. I only want feedback..

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of RocketRob99 RocketRob99. Reason: To keep CFD happy, I fixed my typo
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of RocketRob99 RocketRob99. Reason: To keep CFD happy, I fixed my typo
    Profile photo of Benjamin_Thomas
    Benjamin_Thomas
    Participant

Well To be honest, when i first joined the clan, when TLN was still new to BF3 and we had no idea what we were doing, yea you intimidated all of us, but i think it was mainly because you screamed at us lmao, but now i don’t really notice it, maybe it the raspy voice(; and the New York accent combined? Oh yea and you do a-lot of what the picture i added says.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of PGLeague
    PGLeague
    Keymaster

But how can this be possible… Rob is a little…
    “soft kitty, warm kitty little ball of fur, happy kitty sleepy kitty purr purr purr :)”
    Rob could never be scary, he is a little fallen angel! LOL

On a serious level, you are not scary at all Rob… Its just the deep voice but afterall you are a man compared to most the kids out there.

[/url]
    Profile photo of x0scarMike
    x0scarMike

I think Rocketrob99 breathing is more scary then his voice or anything…

Profile photo of badger2011
    badger2011
    Participant

I think Rocketrob99 breathing is more scary then his voice or anything…

I am really not afraid of someone just by the way their voice is ever. But just because someone has a creepy voice or really gruff voice does not mean its a bad thing to me. The only time it creeps me out if it is something they say.

Profile photo of DjSparx162
    DjSparx162
    Participant

i used to think you were intimidating, not scary. you’ve got the kind of voice that just kinda commands respect. even now, if you’re on a Rocket Rant everyone shuts up and pays attention. but the other times not even slightly intimidated by you anymore.

Profile photo of GreyFox630
    GreyFox630
    Participant

Oh yeah rocket is scary… but not cause of his voice or even the shit he says… he always gets me when he yells randomly cause someone smokes his ass… lol… and dont get me started on his creepy stalker style heavy breathing on the mic that makes you want to look over ur shoulder… rofl… all joking aside though, no ur not scary but I could see why a lot of younger member might think so cause u do always talk and sound like a father figure which always can instill fear in people especially when u go on one of ur rants towards TLN members… that brings back flash backs of getting yelled at when I was a kid(damn that made me feel old to say that)… if anything, badger has a scarier voice since he has that kind of voice that sounds like it belongs to a evil character in a horror movie or to a crazy axe murder… =P

Profile photo of SSAGENT022
    SSAGENT022
    Participant

LOL
    This is going to be the most commented forum thread on the website!

LOL, sometimes when rocket rages, the room gets quite quiet.

But no rocket don’t scare me, you just gotta warm up to him.  And always get on his good side, especially if you have a weird sense of humor.

Profile photo of Benjamin_Thomas
    Benjamin_Thomas
    Participant

LoL i like how everyone refers to my attached picture! xD

badger2011
    Participant

Oh yeah rocket is scary… but not cause of his voice or even the shit he says… he always gets me when he yells randomly cause someone smokes his ass… lol… and dont get me started on his creepy stalker style heavy breathing on the mic that makes you want to look over ur shoulder… rofl… all joking aside though, no ur not scary but I could see why a lot of younger member might think so cause u do always talk and sound like a father figure which always can instill fear in people especially when u go on one of ur rants towards TLN members… that brings back flash backs of getting yelled at when I was a kid(damn that made me feel old to say that)… if anything, badger has a scarier voice since he has that kind of voice that sounds like it belongs to a evil character in a horror movie or to a crazy axe murder… =P

I Am surprised to hear that one. I am only 17 years old and some people say my voice is too deep for a junior in high school. To be honest I will be on my most intimidating voice if someone REALLY gets on my nerves. Now, this is how I imagine rocket in real life to other people. No offense rocket.

Profile photo of CFD_26
    CFD_26

WTF is a “caulk board”?? lol, what was on your mind??? 😛

RocketRob99

WTF is a “caulk board”?? lol, what was on your mind???

Jeez, CFD couldn’t let that typo get past you// 🙂 LOL… I’ve changed it.. LOL…

@greyfox, maybe I should change my name to Sgt. Slaughter?? Keep’em coming guys, Agent is right this, thread is getting entertaining..

Profile photo of GreyFox630
    GreyFox630
    Participant

Sgt. Slaughter… na, more like darth vader… the perfect combo of obscene breathing and the evil voice… lol

RocketRob99

Sgt. Slaughter… na, more like darth vader… the perfect combo of obscene breathing and the evil voice… lol

Yea..

badger2011
    Participant

My question is were your kids scared of you when they were little? Because when I was little I used to be scared of my Dad.

Profile photo of SSAGENT022
    SSAGENT022
    Participant

I think a better thingy for rocket would be bane in TDKR.

I was never scared of my dad.

And I only fear one thing.

RocketRob99

My question is were your kids scared of you when they were little? Because when I was little I used to be scared of my Dad.

http://youtu.be/ub6IsYGUd_c?t=26s

RocketRob99

badger2011 wrote:

http://youtu.be/ub6IsYGUd_c?t=26s

badger2011
    Participant

I think a better thingy for rocket would be bane in TDKR.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgT1gtdC-PE?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent%5D

I was never scared of my dad.

And I only fear one thing.

And the only reason I say that is because I used to get in trouble. At school, and at home… ALOT.

badger2011
    Participant

Now I am not afraid of almost nothing at all especially rockets voice. I was never scared of rocket’s voice.

Profile photo of Xonori
    Xonori
    Participant

LOL Rob scary…..

Profile photo of ExtremMilSimOP
    ExtremMilSimOP
    Participant

Rocket is just Jamie Hyneman with more emotion and a New England accent.

And a hint of

Whether or not that is scary is up to you.

“You know what I am tired of.. South Americans !!!!!!!”–RocketRob 2014
    Profile photo of Killerseph
    Killerseph
    Participant

Rocket you seem to be alot more mellowed out since I got back than you seemed to be 4/5 months ago wouldn’t say your scary tbh lol

Profile photo of sarge727
    sarge727
    Participant

Yes rocket you are terrifying you haunt my worst nightmares when I go to bed at night I pray that I don’t see you… lol I’m just kiddin i wouldn’t describe you as scary just someone who speaks there mind like whatever is on there mind some guys just need to grow a pair

Profile photo of FrankMUFC2K9
    FrankMUFC2K9
    Participant

I’ve been playing with Rocket for yearssss now, since the MAG days in [EYE], so he isn’t scary towards me. I could imagine for a new member he could intimidate them, but that gets better with time. All I know is that he has my respect. His voice has a certain authority-aura surrounding it, but since I’ve been listening to it for a long time, it is much more friendly.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.