Post your gaming rigs

Home Forums Gaming PC Gaming PC Hardware Post your gaming rigs

This topic contains 33 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of xXTerminator36Xx xXTerminator36Xx 4 years ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NickMackz
    NickMackz
    Keymaster

Show off your gaming rigs here 🙂

Website Admin
    Profile photo of goddessofwar09
    goddessofwar09
    Participant

gaming rigs?? our set up? a little confused by this post…

Profile photo of SSAGENT022
    SSAGENT022
    Participant

It means gaming computer specs. Like what type of ram, processor, video card, ect.

I got a I3, 4gb ram ddr3, no video card. Dell. I want to get a gaming rig when I get into college, but now I have only run SWTOR on it, and will again soon when it goes FTP.

Its not really a gaming rig, just a fast school computer.

Profile photo of CFD_26
    CFD_26

gaming rigs?? our set up? a little confused by this post…

No Goddess, he doesn’t want to see your “rigs”… keep it PG you perverted woman!!! lol

Profile photo of RocketRob99
    RocketRob99

Show off your gaming rigs here

TLN Website Developer and Admin

Folks… What he means is take a picture of your gaming set up, your TV, your systems, your PC and other gizmos… Your “rig”…

Profile photo of DjSparx162
    DjSparx162
    Participant

mine is unfinished, but as of next friday it will be
    PS3, Xbox 360
    Luxor 19″ full HD Monitor
    22″ AOC F22+  HD monitor
    Mac mini hooked up to both monitors
    Macbook 13.5″ late 2011
    Turtle Beach P11 headset for Gaming
    Shure SRH940 reference studio headphones
    Fostex 200W Studio monitors (speakers)
    Maudio Fastrack Pro Audio interface.

and  for the things that are needed on my desk
    Calendar/phonebook
    Sony wireless phone
    ASDA ashtray
    Coaster for drinks.
    Mini fridge
    and a filing cabinet.

my full desk set up,

in my room i also have a 32 inch sony 3d Smart Tv which isn’t hooked up at the moment.
    somewhere in here i have a 16 channel live mixing desk but not quite sure where i’ve put it.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of DjSparx162 DjSparx162.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of DjSparx162 DjSparx162.
    NickMackz
    Keymaster

Ok, here is an example.

My current gaming rig:

• Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz overclocked to 3.2Ghz (soon to be upgraded to a Core 2 Quad Q6600 or Q6700)
    • 4GB RAM
    • Nvidia GTX 570
    • 40GB internal hard drive (soon to be upgraded)
    • 2 x 1TB external hard drives
    • 580W PSU (Power Supply Unit)
    • Logitech G500 gaming mouse
    • Razer Goliathus Control gaming mouse mat
    • Unbranded keyboard
    • Creative Fatality headphones
    • Dell P2311H 23″ 1080p monitor

Website Admin
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    DjSparx162
    Participant

i’d upload a pic of mine but my desk is currently a mess, expect one in the near future though.

NickMackz
    Keymaster

Made a few upgrades to my setup:

• New case – Zalman Z11 Plus
    • New PSU – Corsair TX850V2
    • New HDD – WD 1TB Caviar Black
    • Added 17″ second monitor – LG Flatron L1753S

@alexcamz1 should really post some details and pics of his new build.

Website Admin
    Attachments:
    Profile photo of postmanclark
    postmanclark
    Participant

Not sure what stuff I’ve got on mine, I got my set up for poker usage – dual 22 inch monitors, so I could 12 x tables at once.  (I’m a grinder).

postmanclark
    Participant

Image on this one hopefully.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of TECH-SARGE
    TECH-SARGE
    Participant

TECH’s rig

MEDION® ERAZER® X7815 gaming laptop

Build in camera, mic, speakers and bluetooth.
    Intel core i7-2670QM CPU @2.20GHz
    RAM: 16 GB
    64 bit operating system
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570M
    1.5 TB internal hard drive
    external hard drives: 1x500MB, 1×1,5TB and 1x3TB

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of TECH-SARGE TECH-SARGE.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of TECH-SARGE TECH-SARGE.
    Attachments:
    Profile photo of alexcamz1
    alexcamz1
    Participant

Okay after a long time I have finally decided to post my rig, people asked me to do this a while back and I just never got round to doing it. This may end up being quite a long post… so here we go:

the setup

So. as you can see it’s… alot of screens. One in the middle is shared between my main computer and my PS3. So each time I wanted to play my PS3 I would have to get up walk around my desk, pull the tv forward balancing it on my knee while switching over the cables, but now I have a cool little box which does that all for me (YAY!).

Something which you can’t see here is my new keyboard, it is a new apple extended keyboard, which is actually very nice to type on and I would highly recommend them. The older apple keyboard is now being used for my PS3 and the grey thing is for our Teamspeak server. There is also another mouse which you can’t see and that too is for the TS server.

There’s not alot to say about the other stuff, it’s pretty self-explaining. Moving on!

The insides

So here is the beauty.
    All wrapped in a sexy Factual Design Define R3 case:
    Asus Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard
    Intel Core i5-3570K
    Coolmaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
    Corsair HX850W PSU
    Asus GTX 660-Ti GPU
    Western Digital Black 2TB HDD
    Asus DRW-24B5ST 24x Internal SATA DVD Drive
    Corsair 8GB CL9 DDR3 Vengeance RAM
    And It’s currently running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
    That alone cost me £1059 which is roughly $1690 at today’s exchange rates.

Just to show you that although it look very neat and tidy, it really isn’t:

cable management

Top left there you will notice what looks like another computer. Well it is. That my friends, is what our pretty little TeamSpeak server. The nice thing about it is that it didn’t cost me a penny, nor did the screen which came with it (little square one, top right, on the main picture). This I was given by an awesome network manager at the school I went to from September 2011 to Easter 2012. Nick was given the same as well 🙂

The TS server is living on a table which I made from a few planks of wood lieing around the garden, underneath that is yet another computer, an old HP Desktop which was what I used to use before my new box, however this has recently got the blue screen and I haven’t gotten around to fixing it. The front is some what difficult to get to…

Front of old comp

However behind this old thing lives a creature!

ripply
    closeup

That’s Ripply, she’s getting on in her old age and does spend most of her time in there, sometimes when all the computers are off, you can just hear her breathing. Although when she’s not asleep she is very annoying…like waking you up at 5 in the morning for no reason whatsoever!

Finally lets talk sound, as that’s the only thing which I haven’t fully shown you yet. I have inputs coming from the Main computer, my laptop, PS3 and (when I want it to) my iPad. So how do I control it all?

sound desk

This mixes all of them and outputs them to my headphones, I can control the individual volume of each thing, it’s handy 🙂
    Sadly my old headphones decided to die…well the microphone more specifically, so i took that apart and now they act as speakers hanging above my bed plugged into my Ipad as an alarm clock…

alarm clock

I just have to remember to actually plug my Ipad into the station…

That pretty much concludes the…tour? 😀 If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask…

Before I go there is something I should say, everything here has taken a long time to get, this was not built over night and I would not be able to afford that. I’m not going to even try to guess how much it is all worth. New it would all cost alot, however it is not. The sound mixer was £8 (~$12) from a car-boot sale about 6 years ago. And many of the cables have been collected over many years of parents collecting spare wires they don’t understand 😀 In fact the cable which connects the server to it’s screen is about 10 meters long (completely over haul) but being found in a skip I thought I would grab it and put it to some use.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of alexcamz1 alexcamz1.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of alexcamz1 alexcamz1.
    RocketRob99

ALex, wholly shit… Looks like you could run a small country from there… LOL…. I can just hear it in the back ground.. Turn that bloody crap off !!!

Profile photo of Davidcit
    Davidcit
    Participant

are those tritans?! 😮

postmanclark
    Participant

And what do your folks think about the electricity bill lol? Do they make you pay £100 a month to it?

DjSparx162
    Participant

you’d be suprised, my home studio (i’ve recently done the loft and turned it into a mixdown room only runs another £20 per month onto the bill, and thats when its all running and thats, computer, mixing desk, patch bay, all my outboard, preamp, 2 power amps and and 2 displays and 6 monitors (2 near field, 2 mid/near field and surround) all active monitors so they all plug into the wall as well as having the power from the power amp, i’m looking for an upgrade for my mixing desk, its a 32 channel Peavy live desk, but i’m looking at a Tascam DM-4800, my uni has one thats currently sat in the studio security room and i want it, they said they’ll sell it to me for £600 which is a steal as they’re usually pushing £4000 so hopefully that’ll be sitting nicely above my head when i sleep soon. i have major love for digital desks, more for the fact i can do things on the desk and it translates into the computer, which makes my life easier when i take work into uni, or take work from uni home. my monitors were the most expensive, the near field were £400, mid/nears £500 and the surrounds were £300 each, desk was £300 computer was £600 and the monitors are apple thunderbolts i got from uni for £200 each, patch bay was cheap, that cost £100 for 3 rows of 2×12, outboard is 2 compressors they were £25 each, power amp was £50 each, preamp was £100. but i love my little studio, means my bedrooms a little less messy as well, more room to do things in there, also means i can have a 40 inch TV and a double bed in there with no real problems (my bedroom is really small) my bed is a folding bed so it turns into a sofa for when friends are round or i’m chilling out watching a film or upstairs.

postmanclark
    Participant

That’s not as much as I thought, I’m quite envious. In my flat, we used to have a spare room, which had a couple of my desks, my PC, PS3 and TV; I used to call it my bachelor’s room lol.

But now we’ve got a lodger and so the desk has moved into the bedroom, and if I want to play the ps3 in the middle of the night, I have to move the PS3 out to the living room, which is a pain in the arse.

DjSparx162
    Participant

i still live with my parents, jobless student and all that (its amazing what 3 years of student loans and a resit can buy 😉 but hopefully once i graduate and get a job i can move out into a 2 bed flat with my missus, then have one bedroom as a bedroom, and the other as a studio, its what i do at uni and when theres work going i do it for a living as well. just not a steady income while i’m studying so when unis finished, full time work get a flat and push myself further into the industry, i’m not one of these guys who’s hoping for a top flight job at the top of my field, i’d be happy doing sound stage work at the BBC which isn’t far from where i live. i actually helped wire Media CIty’s studios and soundstages when they finished installing the stuff, was part of the deal Salford Uni had with them that we can use their facilities if we helped them get it all set up, they got free labour i got experience, always a win.

postmanclark
    Participant

Ah it’s a pretty small world – I live across the road from some of the BBC stuff, but in Elstree just outside of london. There’s nothing wrong with a 2 bed flat, unfortunately the price of one is it cost us £200,000 – but moving to a house in April (hopefully), so I can get my bachelor’s room back lol.

Profile photo of DE_ruijter
    DE_ruijter
    Participant

ps3 logitech f540 headset and fpsfreaks on my controller

DjSparx162
    Participant

Ah it’s a pretty small world – I live across the road from some of the BBC stuff, but in Elstree just outside of london. There’s nothing wrong with a 2 bed flat, unfortunately the price of one is it cost us £200,000 – but moving to a house in April (hopefully), so I can get my bachelor’s room back lol.

i live in manchester, so i live near the new base, its a pretty nice area, its in salford quays and by next year i’ll be able to get there even easier than now, (train, bus then tram) they’re just finishing up the metrolink into greater manchester so i can just get the tram anywhere in manchester, similar to the underground but all above. so everyone round here is moaning about the roadworks. to be fair they’ve been doing it for about 3 years now.

NickMackz
    Keymaster

Time for me to update this I think 🙂

First, an overall pic:

Not much changed from last time other than the new PC and display on the left. It’s an old PC I acquired that I’m running as a server for various things.

Specs:

• Debian 6.0.6 (squeeze) OS
    • Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.20GHz
    • 4GB RAM
    • 80GB HDD

Nothing special but good enough.

The main upgrade I’ve done is rebuilding my main PC with some shiny new (and rather quick) components.

The new bits:

Current specs with new parts:

• Intel Core i5-3570K (currently overclocked to 4.00GHz)
    • Thermalright True Spirit 120 CPU cooler
    • 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
    • Nvidia GTX 570
    • ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 Motherboard
    • 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black
    • 200GB Western Digital
    • 160GB Western Digital
    • Corsair TX850V2 850W PSU
    • Zalman Z11 Plus Case
    • Dell P2311H 23″ 1080p monitor
    • LG Flatron L1753S 17″ monitor
    • Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse
    • Razer Goliathus Control gaming mouse mat
    • Unbranded Keyboard
    • Creative Fatality headphones

Looking pretty much the same as before on the outside:

Lots of fans and blueness on the inside 😎 :

And glowing nicely in the dark:

That’s about it I think. Feel free to ask any question and don’t forget to post your own rig. 🙂

Website Admin
    RocketRob99

Whooooo, looks sweet in the dark… :-0

Profile photo of I_AM_EMPIRE
    I_AM_EMPIRE
    Participant

Heres my new gaming rig

http://www.asus.com/ROG/G75VW/

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.