Sports games

Home Forums General General Discussion Sports games

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RocketRob99 RocketRob99 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DjSparx162
    DjSparx162
    Participant

i’ve noticed a lot of sports games (for me mainly FIFA as i’m from the UK and its the most played sport in the country) are allowing people to make teams, with (again Fifa is my main reference) around 100 members allowing people to play together as a club, and as such we could have a presence in Fifa, Madden (if it allows i’m not sure) NHL etc. of course there will be a bit of research into the other games to find out if they allow the same thing. it would be a good change of pace and i think it would help our teamwork and working together in other games it’d help our situational awareness as well.  i know sports games are not everyones cup of tea. but for those who are, we could have a discussion to decide which we should have a prescence in, even if its just a team of 11 that goes onto the game.

on top of that you can make a ‘Pro’ which is a virtual sportsperson with your own number etc, unfortunately (sorry Goddess) they’re only males, but i’m sure Goddess would sort something funny out.

either way i think it would be a good laugh and not competitive in the traditional sense, and it would be a good time to play something with a different pace than the shooter games we generally play, much like the GT5 league we have going on.

thats what i think about it. let me know what you guys think 🙂

Profile photo of RocketRob99
    RocketRob99

We have Fifa 11 and Fifa Street.. Hit up my son Night_Viper122 he is big in those game and I think he would like to play online. Send him a PSN message.

Profile photo of mexgamer3
    mexgamer3
    Participant

I don’t play sports game… I only do it if involves motor sports like DiRT 3 and Gran Turismo 5

DjSparx162
    Participant

Mex, if you like motorsports, have you tried Motorstorm, there’s a fair few of them and a RC version on the PSN store, they’re awesome arcadey style racers,

Profile photo of mexgamer3
    mexgamer3
    Participant

Mex, if you like motorsports, have you tried Motorstorm, there’s a fair few of them and a RC version on the PSN store, they’re awesome arcadey style racers,

Yeah, I owned Motorstorm 1; it was fun but I like simulators better, a little bit more realistic like DiRT and GT5.

Profile photo of FrankMUFC2K9
    FrankMUFC2K9
    Participant

Yeah, I’m a FIFA fan, maybe we could sort out some time of day to log on and play a couple of matches, like the GT5 Sunday Cup, where let’s say me and Sparx play on one team and two other TLN on the other team.

And Sparx, maybe I could play you sometime, on Ultimate Team (I’ve got an alright Spanish team and a Millwall team) or a friendly head-to-head match 🙂

Profile photo of NitehawkFury
    NitehawkFury
    Participant

Back on the PS2, five friends and I got together every other week or so to play through our “franchise mode” in NCAA. It was good times, but it always took forever because each game always took about an hour, and sometimes it was against the computer, (because you didn’t want to simulate just to get a loss).

I never really got into FIFA, though. (Soccer and I don’t much get along.) And though I always love the idea of GT5 and DIRT, I’m waiting for Codemasters to finally release a GRID 2, because GRID was and still is my personal gold-standard when it comes to racing games.

As an aside, I’ve always wanted to run the GT5 Sunday Cup with you guys, but A) I don’t have the game, and B) The way that I play racers is usually consists of me getting into first place by leaving every other car on the track as a smoking heap.

Suffice it to say, my personal motorsports career would be a short, but extremely eventful experience.

RocketRob99

Shit Fury, you have Grid so do I…. Can you drift with other players without crash the other guy?? If so lets hook up, I would love to run in that game.. Still my all time favorite racing game !!

Profile photo of NitehawkFury
    NitehawkFury
    Participant

Man, I wish I still had it. I traded it in a year or so ago for Dead Space 2 after my friend started a new game (unfortunately erasing mine in the process… Grr…)

But I’ve been looking to pick it up again. If I grab it, I’d love to race with you.

Fair warning, though –  I’m a pretty screwy driver. I love to drift around and such, but seriously, my favorite pastime is seeing how hard I can throw the other cars into the wall. Forcing a ‘Stang into a barrier at nearly 100 MPH was a replay I just kept watching over and over laughing my head off.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of NitehawkFury NitehawkFury.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of NitehawkFury NitehawkFury.
    DjSparx162
    Participant

Frank i noticed you had it, my Ultimate team sucks at the minute, keep meaning to sink some serious hours into it to build my team up, i’m after trying to get last seasons Man City team, just spent about 2,000 on Manchini now i’m working towards the squad, my teams 3 and a half stars at the minute, but when i have a team thats half as good as my team was on 11 i’ll have a match or two with you 😀

RocketRob99

Man, I wish I still had it. I traded it in a year or so ago for Dead Space 2 after my friend started a new game (unfortunately erasing mine in the process… Grr…) But I’ve been looking to pick it up again. If I grab it, I’d love to race with you. Fair warning, though – I’m a pretty screwy driver. I love to drift around and such, but seriously, my favorite pastime is seeing how hard I can throw the other cars into the wall. Forcing a ‘Stang into a barrier at nearly 100 MPH was a replay I just kept watching over and over laughing my head off.

This reply was modified 1 day ago by NitehawkFury.

That was why that game rocked.. You could bang fenders the damage model if you ask me still has not been matched. The bending guard rails the degree of vehicle destruction.. All with controls as realistic as you would want or you could play arcade style..  I finish the drift events with like 4 million points..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.