"The Division" and TLN ??

Home Forums Gaming Other Games "The Division" and TLN ??

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of namsdrawkcaB namsdrawkcaB 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RocketRob99
    RocketRob99

Hey, guys wanted to get some suggestions, ideas and feedback on what if anything the TLN community could do to enhance our members experience with this title.

This thread is a place where you can give your impressions of the Divisions betas open and closed. Give us some of your thoughts on the title as a whole and if you like, give us some suggestions for supporting this title in the TLN community.

We would like to make this an active discussion on this title, so feel free to reply to others ideas and suggestions so we can really give this title a good once over as a potential community title to some extent..

RocketRob99 sits up in his chair turns his head slightly to listen to the the person speaking NOW !!

Profile photo of namsdrawkcaB
    namsdrawkcaB
    Participant

Thought it was a good game but enjoy playing in larger squads than 4. Excited to see what the full game brings. Still like plantside2 better.

Profile photo of SSAGENT022
    SSAGENT022
    Participant

My only concern is that the game will not have enough end game content, so once you hit level cap there isn’t much left to do after that. at least that is my opinion.

RocketRob99

My only concern is that the game will not have enough end game content, so once you hit level cap there isn’t much left to do after that. at least that is my opinion.

Honestly, as I said in the Taloncast, I have concerns about this as well.. Game publishers are really starting to fuck over their consumers way too much.. $100 to get the game and the season pass, nah, Destiny was all the rage and now no body is playing it or really talkin about it much at all anymore.. That alone makes me wonder about this title.

Profile photo of Dexter1029
    Dexter1029
    Participant

Well I like it except small squads and like Agent said not enough end game content.

LIKE A BOSS!!!
    (Core officer) all round good guy LOL!!
    P.s I rage a little hahahaah
    Profile photo of CFD_26
    CFD_26

I enjoyed the game and I think for a year or so they’ll keep it interesting for all players, including those on shit buckets who max out 😛 My problem is I cannot afford another $100+ game. Sorry game devs/companies, but we can’t afford this shit.

RocketRob99

This is a good video showing some more in depth things I didn’t know.

Profile photo of dvnguyen
    dvnguyen
    Participant

I really enjoyed the Beta and I know this game will keep me busy for a while. Just like what was mentioned before things get repetitive and lack of end game content will make me lose interest but I had so much fun with the beta, a lot more than when I was playing destiny and I was done with that after a couple months. We shall see

Profile photo of Good_Doctor7
    Good_Doctor7

I look forward to the game but I think I’m going to wait for the price to drop to around $40 or less. I’m curious to see what reviews say about how much gameplay there is. Small squads is another minus. I like the gameplay and the missions but I’m not sure if I want to shell the cash out for it, especially $100 for all content.

Profile photo of I_AM_EMPIRE
    I_AM_EMPIRE
    Participant

Honestly I was really impressed with the beta. I had my doubts about this game as a whole considering they removed stuff promised when they announced the game, such as the playable area is much smaller, and a few other random things. Personally, I think the game will have a good amount of content for the next year, but after that I’m not exactly sure. My biggest complaint is the four man squad setup this game has, I wish it was slightly larger, but maybe squads larger than four disrupted the balance in the DarkZone. Considering just how difficult it can be to take down a Rogue four man squad, even a three man squad gone Rogue can be an issue and I know I’ve survived a Manhunt in a three man squad. Despite that complaint, I do plan on buying it release week.

When it comes down to it, I don’t feel like The Division fits well into the core type of games TLN runs. Ultimately the games that TLN shines its brightest in are large scale games, with a heavy emphasis on teamwork and diverse tactics. The games on PS4 that currently offer us those freedoms are Battlefront 4 and Planetside 2. Games like The Division and Rainbow Six: Siege give us both great opportunities for teamwork and diverse tactics, but ultimately miss the mark of being on a large enough scale. It’s because of those reasons that for as much as enjoyed playing the Divsion, I don’t think it would be in the best interest of TLN to make it a core game by any means. Perhaps we could have a “Tom Clancy Games” lounge that would support TLN member’s effort’s to find people to squad up with, but that’s about as far as I would go.

What do you guys think about the above idea^^?
    Also sorry about making such a long post, if any of you read all 337 words in this post, your cookie will be in the mail soon Lol.

RocketRob99

I don’t think it would be in the best interest of TLN to make it a core game by any means.

I didn’t suggest it to be a core title, just a title we support for our membership.. I was thinking of a posting where people could set up squads, find other TLN to run with.. Maybe something like that.. I agree it doesn’t fit our requirements in a lot of areas.. But, it does seem like more than a few will get it.

Profile photo of Demon-of-Razgriz
    Demon-of-Razgriz
    Participant

I personally am greatly interested and will have it on day one i bought the 99 dollar package from psn for season pass and all and plan to play upon release. I would love to group up with other tln members on this game on release.

Profile photo of Donkk
    Donkk
    Participant

I know I’m late to the conversation, but seeing as it’s almost a week after launch, I think this discussion needs a bump. Before I dive into my impression, I’d like to preface by saying 1) I’ve never played Destiny, so any correlations between it and The Division are lost on me, and 2) I’m currently only level 20.

That being said, I used to be a pretty hardcore MMORPG guy; UO, EQ, WoW (closed beta through WotLK), Rift, Warhammer Online, LOTR online and The Division at its core is an RPG. From what I’ve seen thus far, The Division has its highs and lows, but what really has me excited is that it’s so elegant in its simplicity. No defined classes, 3 primary stats, 3 skills, 4 talents and a handful of inventory slots seemed lacking at first. However, in order to properly spec a character into a specific role, due diligence must be taken to maximize effectiveness, as with any true RPG. With my limited experience, there are some things I’d like to see added/improved:

-Diversified fights. As it stands right now, missions and encounters are simple; bound from cover to cover, pew pew the red guys, pew pew some more on purple guys, and pew pew even more on yellow guys. Sure, some care must be taken to prioritize targets (berserkers, grenadiers, snipers ect), but I’d like to see some truly dynamic or even polyphasic boss fights.

-Larger scale. I’ve browsed around and found some unconfirmed chatter about multi-squad, raid style missions. I envision a 12 man mission to re-take parts of the city, or even community wide events similar to Helldivers, something bigger than fighting for 2-3 hours for a random backpack that may or may not be an upgrade.

-Scaled back loot. It’s too late to address this, but we’re less than a week into open launch and there are folks in full yellow putting up 120k+ DPS. Big, flashy numbers are great, but the rate at which folks have already maxed out their characters is a bit ridiculous IMO.

I’ve said it before, The Division (as it stands right now) doesn’t feel like a completed game, certainly not a completed MMO. Yes there are some updates coming in the near future that look promising, and I’ll probably stick around long enough to see if they’re worth it. In the meantime, I’ll be running the streets of NYC murderin fools!

Profile photo of namsdrawkcaB
    namsdrawkcaB
    Participant

Yes Donkk I agree completely. And also Shit man you all smart and stuff. Lol.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.