What don't you like about the site?

Home Forums General Website What don't you like about the site?

This topic contains 55 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of wickedjester_77 wickedjester_77 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NickMackz
    NickMackz
    Keymaster

Please post anything and everything that you don’t like about the site. Any bugs you discover, anything that you would make different, anything that you think should work differently, anything you think should be added, etc.

Please DO NOT post anything that you like about the site, start a separate topic if you like, but only things you don’t like here.

Be sensible but don’t hesitate to post something.

Probably not all of the things you suggest will be possible, but I can’t change or improve stuff if I don’t know what you guys would like changed or improved.

Website Admin
    Profile photo of SSAGENT022
    SSAGENT022
    Participant

contrast of colors

Profile photo of NitehawkFury
    NitehawkFury
    Participant

I can kind of see where Agent is coming from, actually. While I love the red and black, the “sparkly blue” background is a little odd when matched with it. A solid grey or carbon fiber might make a better background… Or even some greyed-out screenshots with gradient… I’m not sure. But as far as the actual “design” of the site, I really dig it.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of NitehawkFury NitehawkFury.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of NitehawkFury NitehawkFury.
    Profile photo of RocketRob99
    RocketRob99

Thanks guys for the input..

One thing I do not like is the forums and the sub-topics list. Under each forum there should be the sub-topics listed. Instead of in the general comment.

And as said previously since the group is to be a the place for small quick posts it should be placed under the page description and or video insert.

NickMackz
    Keymaster

In response to the background image, what would you guys like instead? Solid black? Grey? Dark red version of the current?

In response to your comment about the forums, rocket, The reason that I made a general discussion board under each game forum was so that more boards could be added for each game if necessary. Like under the general discussion forum. What I will do is rename the general discussion boards of each game and move them up a level to replace the forum parent that they are under. This should also be less confusing when you see stuff in the activity list that says it was in general discussion but you don’t know what game. If necessary, more boards could be added for each game later.

Listing any topics on the forum list would not be a good idea, it would be very messy and confusing.

Unfortunately it is not possible to put the groups board under the info on the games pages, at least not without a lot of custom code that would likely break with any BuddyPress updates. You may have noticed that I added a link to the forum and group for each game on it’s page.

Website Admin
    NickMackz
    Keymaster

Ok, made the forum modifications 🙂

Website Admin
    Profile photo of jamiskid2002
    jamiskid2002
    Participant

On the color scheme, I would suggest maybe grey…that would look pretty good.

NickMackz
    Keymaster

We had a textured grey background before and it was just boring.

Personally, I only think the blue clashes with some of the header images but looks good with everything else.

What exactly do you think that the background clashes with? If it is just the rotating header, would it be best to keep it just on the red Talon Strike Force logo rather than the rotation? Most of the other images are on the homepage slider anyway.

P.s. I wouldn’t recommend viewing the website in Internet Explorer. As it doesn’t conform to web standards properly, the semi-transparent content container is just black.

Website Admin
    Profile photo of Dexter1029
    Dexter1029
    Participant

At this point dont care about color but more on finding it hard to keep up on everything, Ok like in fb if someone posted something to could scroll down and read it. Here am looking all over the place and hate not able to read all post . As a Core officer its my job to understand all comments and try to for see problums and or help someone out if needed. Am spending to much time searching around( keep it simple smart guy) Lmao!! thanks for putting this up I feel better now xxoo

LIKE A BOSS!!!
    (Core officer) all round good guy LOL!!
    P.s I rage a little hahahaah
    NickMackz
    Keymaster

The easiest way of keeping track of everything is to check these things:

• Recent News
    • Activity stream set to only show updates
    • Activity stream set to only show comments
    • Activity stream ‘My groups’ tab set to show everything / or just updates
    • The topics page which order all forum topics by the last reply

Website Admin
    RocketRob99

Nick I understand your points on the forums perhaps on the general discussion a indication of the number of topics allowing someone to jump straight to the topics. As far as colors go maybe dull the red just a little.

Dexter brings up an excellent point. This is more a preference looking for something to bring it all together. As much as I check and use the filter on the activity page, I am still checking multiple areas. It is not bad just a little more organized.

I have to say that I disagree with most when it comes to the blue background, when viewed from Internet explorer it looks fine! From a graphic designing point of view it is precisely what this website needs, to keep it from looking dull. And besides between me and Nick we will play with the headers until we get it looking perfect… I already made a new header just with the eagle and our name with a transperant background which means it shouldn’t clash with the background any more, it will be tested soon.

Perhaps something that I could sugest, I don’t like the home screen…. Could it be possible to make it like the facebook or Battlelog home screens where you can see all your friends activities?

Also, can we have signatures on this forum, and by that I mean pictures….?

RocketRob99

Nick one of thing, can we change the directions the board move. Instead of newest post at the top can we switch it the other way.. This way the topic doesnt get lost on threads with a lot of comments.. This might also help dexter’s issue too.

NickMackz
    Keymaster

@sir-matchstick I agree about the background. The new header sounds good. Not sure what you mean by the home screen? The activity stream is basically equivalent to the Facebook home screen. Forum signatures may be possible in a few weeks when there is an update to the forum software.

@rocketrob99 I don’t know what you mean by the direction the board move? Do you mean the recent topics on the sidebar? To see more recent topics, look at the topics page that lists all topics, regardless of the forum it is posted in. All forums sort by topic ‘freshness’ or last reply, anything else wouldn’t make sense.

Website Admin
    NickMackz
    Keymaster

Also, @sir-matchstick, please don’t tell me you use internet explorer as your main browser? Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari conform far better to modern web standards, and have better performance and features.

Website Admin

Can we post picture in this forums, and how?

How about making the home screen a general activity screen but still call it the home screen….

NickMackz
    Keymaster

You mean the homepage? That should be general info about the clan like it is at the moment.

You can post pictures, just not easily and they have to be hosted on the internet somewhere, click the html tab and click img to insert one.

Website Admin

I always used firefox, but it kept crashing, after I formatted my PC I just never got around to getting anouther browser, to be honest I just don’t care anymore…

Well the way the homepage looks at the moment with Rocket’s words is just boring…. No offence big guy… But the home screen should be exiting, it should pull you in, it should make you want to see what this is all about… Perhaps a shorter version of rocket’s speech and then chapters, lets say one for video’s, one for clan art, a braging page where people can post pictures of any game where they played like a beast… All of these just shortcuts in the form of chapters or blocks, but just giving enough info to make you want to see more…

We don’t want the website to be croweded, but I think that the homepage should be…

also a shortcut to the forums, and one to the member list…

How about a get to know your officers page?

Have a look at this site and how they did the chapters on the homescreen, our site doesn’t need to look theirs but I like this chapter idea they have with the blocks…. Like the short welcome message and then the next block or chapter saying latest news, and latest blogs or we can keep it forum updates, and new members…. etc etc

Here’s that site I was talking about

http://www.pmsclan.com/

Profile photo of DjSparx162
    DjSparx162
    Participant

would it be possible to have notifications for topics you’ve posted in, say for example i’ve posted in the general one in a couple of topics, if someone replies again i get a notification with ‘unread posts in this area’ and a link to take me to it, or would that be heavy amount of coding.

Profile photo of x0scarMike
    x0scarMike

Yea can we have notfications for topic we commented on or made because soemtimes hard to keep up with everything. I like what dj was saying and what dexter was saying. I try to read everything but end up missing alot of stuff.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.