What don't you like about the site?

Home Forums General Website What don't you like about the site?

This topic contains 55 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of wickedjester_77 wickedjester_77 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RocketRob99
    RocketRob99

You know Nick just for the hell of it.. I logged in on Exploerer. The page background here that is the part with the content show as black where on Chrome it appears transparent.. I think it looks better on Explorer..

Profile photo of NickMackz
    NickMackz
    Keymaster

@rocketrob99 I have changed the background opacity from 70% to 90% so it only 10% transparent. I will change the way it works later so that it is the same in all browsers rather than only the ones that support rgba colours.

@sir-matchstick Your link doesn’t seem to have posted, but I kind of like your idea for the homepage. It would just have to be done right or it would be messy.

@djsparx162 @gummy1bears Yeah, using the notifications system for forum replies does seem obvious. I have suggested that it be added to the forums and I’m not sure if it might be added in the next version. If it isn’t in the next version and I have time, I will write a patch for it and submit it to be added to the software (open source FTW). For the moment, just subscribe to topics and you get emails whenever someone replies.

Website Admin
    NickMackz
    Keymaster

@sir-matchstick Sorry, your link got caught by the spam filter, I’ve un-spamed it now. I think I’ll disable the spam filter for forums seeing as it is members only anyway.

Website Admin
    Profile photo of RocketRob99
    RocketRob99

Nick the black is much better thanks…

NickMackz
    Keymaster

I’ve changed it to solid black now with no transparency. Looks better and the same on any browser ๐Ÿ™‚

Website Admin

What do you guys think of the new header….?

Is this still a free website?

Profile photo of CFD_26
    CFD_26

I really have to disagree with all the haters of the colors on here. I love the new look and think it should stay. I do have to agree with Dex on how complex it is to try and keep up on the latest news, but I’m slowly learning better ways, but it’s still slow going.

Profile photo of DjSparx162
    DjSparx162
    Participant

if i’m being perfectly honest, i get why the page has to look nice, but the background and such really doesn’t bother me at all, i dont come on to look at the pretty colours, i’m looking for info, news, clan battle events, practice, its like my gaming diary, the background and pictures come a very distant last to all that. its more of a functional thing rather than a pretty thing, especially as we’re primarily a war game clan, and in the words of most world leaders, ‘War aint pretty’

Profile photo of SSAGENT022
    SSAGENT022
    Participant

you spelt favourite wrong, its favorite

Profile photo of DjSparx162
    DjSparx162
    Participant

Agent, that depends on which kind of english you use, American English is Favorite, British English is Favourite, neither are wrong just different variations, like colour and color

NickMackz
    Keymaster

@sir-matchstick I assume you are asking about the hosting when you ask if the website if free? The hosting is not free as a free host is simply not powerful enough.

I’m sorry that so many people are finding it hard to keep up with everything, but I’m afraid there isn’t really anything I can do to make it easier.

Website Admin
    NickMackz
    Keymaster

@zimbag I know what you mean but think about it this way – if you are clicking onto a forum topic for the first time, you want to read it from the beginning, not get taken to the end and have to go back again. Either way, it is a disadvantage for someone.

Most forum software will work this way but some have a last page link on the topic list so you can easily get to the last page. I may look into adding this.

Website Admin

@NickMackzย How much is the hosting per month?

@SSAGENT022ย In defence of DjSparx162ย there is no such thing as American English…. Its either English or gibberish, the only reason why “American English” exists is because people don’t want to offend the rednecks who can’t spell…. ๐Ÿ˜›

ย 

Was it something I said?

NickMackz
    Keymaster

You did insult americans slightly… (don’t worry, I’m English :P)

The hosting is $7.16 a month.

Website Admin

@NickMackzย I might donate money toward the site next month.

Can you make a topic called “Clan members ART”, since I am an artist and I know of a couple of other artists in here, I would like to post some of my stuff and I’m sure the other guys would like to do it too!

Ha ha….ย  I love insulting Americans, its so easy… But the truth is even though I don’t agree with the USA’s polotics or spelling its still a great country and I know allot of awesome people there… Heck, I lived there for a year…

Did everyone forget about this page

Profile photo of goddessofwar09
    goddessofwar09
    Participant

Mobile communication is Horrid! I can log in but that is about it.. ๐Ÿ™ it takes for ever to load anything and i am stuck.. As a CO and Mom i find it easier to be mobile.. Because I am constantly busy… If i have to stop and come back to the back room to get on the laptop to check the site that is time away from my family vs being able to click a couple buttons on my mobile device and boom updated… I know this is a work in progress but can we have an ease of use mobile version of the site.. BTW i am using a Andriod device…. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thats why…. Get apple, I don’t have any problems with my iPhone and this or any site…

Profile photo of goddessofwar09
    goddessofwar09
    Participant

@SIR_MATCHSTICK are you gonna buy it for me????

NickMackz
    Keymaster

LOL, don’t start the Android vs iPhone argument. ๐Ÿ˜€ I will look into a mobile version at some point but it probably won’t be simple to make everything work.

Website Admin
    Profile photo of NitehawkFury
    NitehawkFury
    Participant

Yeah, especially since we all know that Android is superior. <grin> Actually, I opened up this site on my Nexus S yesterday, and it seemed to work just fine. Perhaps the problem is the phone, not the site?

NickMackz
    Keymaster

Yeah, everything about the site should work fine on mobile devices as there is no Flash used at all (excluding videos). It may just be a bit slow as there is quite a lot to download and render and it also has quite a lot of active elements which makes it harder work for the phone.

By the way you can do an actually grin face with the standard method of : + D = ๐Ÿ˜€

Website Admin
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of NickMackz NickMackz. Reason: iPhone is better ๐Ÿ™‚
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of NickMackz NickMackz. Reason: iPhone is better :)
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.