• Profile picture of TECH-SARGE

Group Mods

• Profile picture of shadowfax00

Destiny

Public Group active 4 weeks, 1 day ago

For TLN members and players of Destiny

The TLN-Destiny Clan page- http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/124449

Dust 514 Beta Test Impressions

This topic contains 42 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DjSparx162 DjSparx162 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alexcamz1
    alexcamz1
    Participant

To be honest I wouldn’t risk game sharing, the consequences for doing this are pretty extreme due to the NDA which is STILL IN PLACE. I know I wouldn’t risk a console ban from Dust 514.

Profile photo of ECHOS_OF_FIRE
    ECHOS_OF_FIRE
    Participant

In the Beta as well, and just got the Assault Prototype Suits, all tricked out with the Prototype SMG is around 40, 000 ISK a piece. You don’t get money based on how well you do, you get ISK from contracts. Every game you get a fixed amount of money (ISK). SP (Skill Points) are based on how well you do, and are needed to unlock and upgrade skills for better equipment. It’s a complex system, but very rewarding. If anyone needs the BETA, I’m willing to gameshare it. Also, looking to get BF3 Premium hopefully from anyone. I have a code here right now. If you’re going to use it, just say it, so the rest won’t waste their time. 3444-72NG-5B59

This reply was modified 19 hours, 17 minutes ago by Legendary-Ecko.

Are you allowed to gameshare the beta? I thought that was like, waaaay against the rules.

Profile photo of ECHOS_OF_FIRE
    ECHOS_OF_FIRE
    Participant

gah, I guess I should have looked for the page 2 button first… my bad

Profile photo of RocketRob99
    RocketRob99

Game sharing is not allowed.. In fact you’re not even supposed to talk about the game out of the official forums.. However, they’re not enforcing that.. There were 3 player kicked from the original 50 people or so for posting videos. One has his PSN account banned for 30 days..  I would think twice about game sharing…

There are so many ways to get a beta key now, there is no reason to game share.

Profile photo of Legendary-Ecko
    Legendary-Ecko
    Participant

True. But they only get really mad if you publicly display the game. I asked them on the forums and they said it was allowed, but the NDA would be broken if more than one person got it. I think.

Profile photo of DjSparx162
    DjSparx162
    Participant

we should have a group up, the people who have the beta group up to see how we work as a team, and if the Coms can stand up to our constant barrage.

Profile photo of Ratchet2448
    Ratchet2448

well, so far I have sent in 2 e-mails, done the PShome stuff, and still no beta key………….-__-

Legendary-Ecko
    Participant

well, so far I have sent in 2 e-mails, done the PShome stuff, and still no beta key………….-__-

For the PS Home stuff, you need to get into the Dust lounge, complete a game of Slay (not win, just complete) and watch all the videos to the end. Then your code appears on the wall on one of the screens.

Ratchet2448

I know, I did that and I would have been able to get one, but they filled all the spots. So now I have to wait till they put some more up

Ratchet2448

still no beta key…..

RocketRob99

I know, I did that and I would have been able to get one, but they filled all the spots. So now I have to wait till they put some more up

Perhaps but the new beta build is dropping like this week coming so they will give out a lot more keys for sure..

Profile photo of sigma659
    sigma659
    Participant

Guys, open beta is supposedly starting the 29th so it won’t be that bad that you don’t have a key (mind you neither do I).

Legendary-Ecko
    Participant

Sorry to crush hopes, but it’s not open beta, it’s just a whole lot of new invites being sent out. So sign up now, and you’ll have a good chance of getting in.

RocketRob99

Here is a update… The new beta build is now live..  They have reset all the characters so you are back to square 1.. But the game play is vastly improved.. I played a few rounds last night and it was a blast…  Top of my team in all 3 rounds and had some fun along the way.. Knifed a guy and hacked his drop ship, got a gunner with me who knew how to shoot and we tore them up…

SO for those like me who were waiting for the new beta build, now is the time to jump into Dust…

RocketRob99

Update… Today, played both modes.. The objective mode is fun but the DM mode is not bad either, a little harder to find you enemies but you can use Dropships, tanks and jeeps so that makes DM a little more interesting.

At tip, if you want to learn about the different races in the game, head over to the Dust space in Home there is videos there about the game and the races (factions)

There are still beta type issues going on, flew a jeep halfway across the map when I ran into a tank and he shot me.. But neither me or my two teammates were killed we ended up back at the beginning of the map… LAG is still present but not on every server. I had one server where I could only move like 2 meters at a time and it would skip but when I joined another server it was fine..

The graphics are a lot better and for the most part enemy tags are where they should be. However the tanks tag doesn’t show right so you could end up shooting a friendly tank. There is friendly fire in the game so this can be a problem..

There appears to be a bleedout clock leading me to believe there is some sort of revive ability. Looking into that tomorrow. I am not really upgrading my guy just playing rounds to earn some ISK to try and figure this revive thing out.

DjSparx162
    Participant

There appears to be a bleedout clock leading me to believe there is some sort of revive ability. Looking into that tomorrow. I am not really upgrading my guy just playing rounds to earn some ISK to try and figure this revive thing out.

i was looking into that last night, spent about an hour in the marketplace looking for new equipment, theres a dropsuit module thats similar to the med pack in MAG and it upgrades in the same vein as well, each better one you purchase gives more health and more shield to a revived teammate, i can see this becoming a slight problem due to the friendly fire, people will be using it similar to hardcore in battlefield, they’ll be killing their own teammates then reviving to get more points. but i think they’ll have different servers on main release, with a hardcore style server setting with friendly fire on.

Legendary-Ecko
    Participant

Not many people bother with Revives at the time, mostly because they don’t want to wait around for a guy with a nanite injector to show up, or the people around them don’t realize they’re not dead yet. The devs should probably implement a better support role, with hopefully icons for dying people and something that lets you know a medic is nearby.

By the way, I just found out how badass the Mass Driver is. The new map is cool and all, but I want to see the old one’s as well, mostly because TDM was better on it, and the Rush type mode was great.

DjSparx162
    Participant

i think that would work as well, like in battlefield with the heart monitor icon on screen and the skull and crossbones on the minimap.

Viewing 18 posts - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.