Computer Games

This topic contains 16 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RocketRob99 RocketRob99 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of x0scarMike
    x0scarMike

Hey guys I understand that some of us play computer games so I made this thread to tell everyone else or inform people of some good games you play. It can be any type of MMO, RPG or what ever you like. I will post later what games I am currently playing and if you could, please post 1 video for each game you post so we get an idea what it is like.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of NickMackz NickMackz. Reason: Moved to PC Games
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of NickMackz NickMackz. Reason: Moved to PC Games
    Profile photo of DjSparx162
    DjSparx162
    Participant

one game i’ve got really into over the years is Civilization, mainly because its a damn good game that runs on mac. which helps me out a lot. the newest one is civilization 5, which i’m downloading today as my old macbook wouldn’t run it (it struggles with 4) its a real time strategy game, much like starcraft but with a lot more going on, in starcraft the main objective is to defeat your enemies in whatever way possible. With civilization that is also the goal but there are several ways to go about it.

the most obvious is total domination, in which you conquer the other players, and take over their cities. its basic and very fun but online its insanely hard to do so i tend to stay away from that one.

Land on the moon, when you research and unlock modern technology the apollo space program is unlocked, you can then win by putting a man on the moon, thus ending the technological war.

supremacy – this one is the most time consuming but is by far one of the easiest to achieve, you get 20 great figures (aristotle, plato, etc) to take residence in your cities, get 20 and you can build the United Nations and you win.

you can also go the wonder route, to do this one you have to build 20 wonders.

the final way you can win is by obtaining 20,000 gold, and building the world bank, meaning your country is the center of the worlds banking and therefore becoming the biggest nation.

i would post a video but the games can get quite long (my longest match online on 4 is around 8 hours) the campaign isn’t as long but can still take up a lot of time if you’re not careful and you don’t find the way to win within a few turns. its a really fun game and gets you thinking outside the box of a traditional RTS like the Command and Conquer series, everyone should give it a go, its a fantastic game.

Profile photo of ExtremMilSimOP
    ExtremMilSimOP
    Participant

I was actually going to make this thread tomorrow, but now it’s here XD.

As some of you may have noticed, I’m taking an unknown length sabbatical from BF. My “Mastery Quest” isn’t as fun as it used to be, as I’m basically grinding out some of the worst Engi and Assault weapons (I’m looking at you G53). I’m really looking forward to RE 6, so I picked up another one of my old zombie slaying favorites: Dead Frontier. I’m sure someone on here has heard of it; it’s the worlds biggest zombie/survival MMORPG, and it’s Free-To-Play. You basically go down diffrent skill trees (such as light weapons that barely anger the zombs [melee, pistols, rifles], or the big guns that make everything in the block want to tear you to pieces [LMGs, grenade launchers, chainsaws, shotguns]) as you level up. Each city block in the open-world is it’s own instance, and can lead to you running into random friends (PVP is an option). It’s pretty awesome to see another (human) face when you’re deep in “Death Row”, the most dangerous, high-loot area in the game.

I’d love to have some TLN on here, so here’s the link:  http://deadfrontier.com/ . You have to have an extremely dated PC to not be able to run it, as mine runs it great and it’s a 5 yr old HP Pavilion. My user name is “MrKamakazi” (don’t ask), send me a message if you join it, as there are plenty of wrong ways to start leveling. It’s senseless fun, but fun nontheless. Watch out, you may get addicted : D

“You know what I am tired of.. South Americans !!!!!!!”–RocketRob 2014
    DjSparx162
    Participant

does it run on Mac?

and the G53 is a pro weapon, one of my go to guns when i’m getting my arse handed to me

ExtremMilSimOP
    Participant

I believe I’ve ran it fine on a MacPro. The sweet mousepads on those should actually make it easier if you’re using a MacBook. I’m around %95 sure it does. You have to download Unity Web Player to run it on anything, as it’s a 3d game and is too comprehensive for Flash. I can confirm the download from the Unity site is safe.

As for the G53, maybe you can help me with it, ’cause I’m almost better off just using the box-cutter (exaggeration, but not much).

DjSparx162
    Participant

i’ll give it a look can’t hurt 🙂

on the G53 use the sight you’re most comfortable with, foregrip and flash suppressor, the foregrip sorts the vertical recoil, the flash suppressor sorts the side to side, or the other way round, it then pretty much turns into a laser gun, accurate as anything, just the ADS spread is a little high, but for a med-close range weapon its pretty damn good.

DjSparx162
    Participant

i had a go there doesn’t seem to be anything to do? am i missing something, i don’t really understand the concept of where to go? is there a mission system or something or is it just kill zombies get EXP level up repeat?

ExtremMilSimOP
    Participant

There should be a daily mission that pops up when you login for the first time that day. It will only show after you’ve come back from the city once though. The concept is that the farther East into the city you go, the better loot you find, and the more deadly the creatures are. Once you can survive the trek, go to the next oupost (I’m at Fort Pastor). The beginning area is very uneventful, just to let you get ahold of the game without getting slaughtered. What’s  your username?

Profile photo of nookland
    nookland
    Participant

Anyone still play Runescape? It’s basically the only game I play on PC aside from Minecraft really.

I need to purchase a new hard drive for my PS3 still. Until then, I’ll be inactive there.
    Profile photo of Ratchet2448
    Ratchet2448

I played runescape back in the day. My character has probably been eaten by the page 51 monster lol (old runscape joke).
    Have you ever tried portal 2?

Profile photo of PGLeague
    PGLeague
    Keymaster

I see we have all this people playing PC game, how about we get into a call at TS or Raicall (Whichever is preferred) and get some wanted games set up? Give me some private messages with suggestions-gameplays and a personal review of each game and according to how it is and such I will make a decision on weather or not we will get TLN into it. Right now I am in the making of a PC squad more or less.

[/url]
    Profile photo of SSAGENT022
    SSAGENT022
    Participant

old forum revived, just to point out.

Profile photo of PGLeague
    PGLeague
    Keymaster

old forum revived, just to point out.<br>
    <hr>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-signature”></div>

FFS!

[/url]
    Profile photo of x0scarMike
    x0scarMike

Well i used to play runescape alot, a little too much i had a level 109 except no skill with 99 except when i made a level 3 guy and paid my brother to get my woodchopping to level 99 but stopped playing a while ago. I checked out runescape a couple weeks ago to see what it is up too and i hate the new shit and can’t transfer old characters which is dumb but whatevs i play eveonline now.

I don’t know if this is active any more but I just got a game called Nuclear Dawn, and I am looking through the options and there is a place to add a clan tag. So just to see who plays I click on it, and lo and behold I find something I didn’t expect to find.

Do we actually have a presence on this game? or is it an empty slot?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of TECH-SARGE
    TECH-SARGE
    Participant

well i have never heard any of us in this game so…..i think you would need to have an officer and at least 20 players to be considered as an official branch and fly the tag…BUT you can ask @rocketrob99
    We don’t really have PC gamers

Profile photo of RocketRob99
    RocketRob99

Actually, pretty much all the people in this thread are on Steam… Most likely someone tried it and brought the TLN tag to that game. We do ask people to fly TLN in every game they play.. I am not sure who might have started it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.