- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated.
- Members should remember this website is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic, illegal, or generally offensive text, images, links, drug references, etc. will not be tolerated.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Copyright infringing users will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
- Members are asked only to post in English, as this is an English speaking community.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with “normal writing”. That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; “Help me!”, “I’m stuck!”, “I’ve got an error!”, etc.
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.
- Post threads in the appropriate category for their topic. If something is not TLN related, it goes in Off Topic! Threads in the wrong categories will be moved and a warning may be given for repeat offenders.
- Stay on the topic of the thread. Off topic replies may be deleted or split into a separate thread. A warning may be given for repeat offenders.
- Keep forum signatures sensible. You may have 1 image, up to 2 URLs, and up to 3 lines of text. Signatures that break these requirements or have huge images will be removed.
- The Officers and Admins reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Officers and Admins and not members.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- Talon Strike Force does not operate a strike policy or similar. An Officer or Admin can decide to give a temporary or permanent ban regardless of the number of incidents if they feel it is necessary.
- Arguing with Officers or Admins after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned or banned are welcome to contact us using the website contact page. If the Officers or Admins decide you were treated badly they will revoke a warning or ban. Please do not post publicly on the website or use public chat to argue your point, use the private messaging/contact system accordingly.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other Officer or Admin action will lead to a permanent ban of your account(s). Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account, and other actions that can be taken to evade Officer or Admin action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While we may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.